Thread: pushing beyond limits?

Junior SCH Member

pushing beyond limits?

I am running a 1200 with a 7" crank pulley and a 2.79 charger pulley. I am running dual spearco stacked 800 hp incooler cores and feeding a smallblock magnum motor stroked to 406. The car is awesome till about 4500 rpm and then it just seems to flatten out. According to my boost guage I am at 10lbs at 6000 rpm. This would suggest to me that the supercharger is still within its limits as far as air flow is concerned. What do you guys think?

Junior SCH Member
    Welcome Dart340SC, I really like your engine bay. Stacked Spearco's ... cool.

I wonder if you have any instrumentation on your car? It would be interesting to know what the Air/Fuel Ratio is doing, the injector duty cycle and the fuel pressure.

If, as you say, the air is there, it must be the fuel.

James.

Junior SCH Member
    I am running a carb(750 quick fuel ban) I have a wideband o2 sensor and have had it on a dyno. At wot 6000 rpm its at 11.6 a/f

Junior SCH Member
    I assume flatten out means power/torque stay at a more or less constant value. If it's not fuel what about ignition timing?

Junior SCH Member
    I guess what I mean is it pulls like hell till about 45-4800 rpm then it just seems to stop pulling. My ignition is all msd, distributor, msd6btm, there top coil, wires and ngk plugs gapped at 35. I am not pulling any timing out and just disconnected the water/alky injection thinking maybe it was cylinder quench

Junior SCH Member
    Are you data logging so you can see what is occouring as it flattens off? If so what is being recorded?

Senior SCH Member
    How much air flow can your heads/intake support

Junior SCH Member
    No data log, its a 72 dart with carb. Heads are stock edelbrock magnum r/ts. 2.02/1.60. comp cams 1.6 roller rockers, the cam is 288/292 501/513 mopar performance