Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
belt routing fabrication issues!!!!

Thread: belt routing fabrication issues!!!!

Junior SCH Member

belt routing fabrication issues!!!!

Hey guys I'm kinda new here,I own a 86 mustang and I had a few questions, I just bought a sn2000 blower set up from a guy on craigslist I was amazed it looked like new and had a 8 rib belt set up and an oil cooler included, well anyways its a great blower but I need help on routing my belt... I have a ford racing a/c delete and I guess the blower kit was made be ran with an a/c and also I have no smog pump. I tryed moving the altenator where the smog pump should be but since its a giant 3g the terminal for the power cable touches the blower bracketry.please any feedback is welcome. Thanks, dave.

Junior SCH Member
    I had to buy a smog pump eliminator for mine.

http://www.atomicperformance.com/pro...3mustangs.aspx

I rounded out the top edge to get it to not rub the bottom of my sn2000 but other than that it was a perfect fit. As far as the alt goes I clocked mine so it put my 3g cable out towards the frame instead of straight up.

Junior SCH Member
    Ok, now I bought an smog delete, do you think since I have the ford racing a/c delete will the belt clear the water pump pullie from the side that goes from the powersteering to smog delete pullie? in the instruction manual it says my set up is made to run a/c, but I have no a/c compressor that is my next concern.

Junior SCH Member
    I had run the a/c delete setup on my 90 and the tensioner will lay on the water pump pulley. I ended up reclocking the tensioner to find the sweet spot of enough tension and not rubbing on the bottom of the tensioner. If I had to do it again I'd just get the a/c delete pulley such as one by asp and not have to mess with coming home with 4 or 5 belts to "trial fit". It would use the factory A/C bracket and just be a dummy pulley like the smog pump emlinator.

Junior SCH Member
    Yea I was thinking of going to the kind that asp makes after I already bolted the blower on lol, I was wondering, instead of using the foctory tensioner can I use a tensioning rod on the altenator since the factory tensioner is what makes the belt rub?

Junior SCH Member
    Here is mine after I first got it installed. I don't know what kind of ac delete plate I have as it was on my car when I bought it but it is triangular and moves the tensioner more towards the ps pump. I used a pulley from a 5.0 explorer to ride on the inside of the belt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Junior SCH Member
    That's a sick tensioner set up! Haha I was thinking of ways to flip the tensioner so it pushes up instead of pull down, I'm going to try to see if the belt will clear my water pump pullie tomorow, ill keep you guys updated, and ill try to take a picture, also I have a off topic question, I bought the mishimoto dual fan kit and it came with a derale adjustable fan module, it didn't come with directions and I honestly have no clue where to start plugging wires into of you guys know anything help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks guys for the info so far I'm going to keep you guys posted tomorow.

Junior SCH Member
    I am doing a Mark 8 fan right now.

If it helps F150 tensioners pull the other way.

Junior SCH Member

belt route

I have my ac off the car pwr steering picked up to ac spot, running smog setup and stock alternator. SN93 and all stock pullies. Had problems with tensioner pushing belt down to water pump pulley, reclock it and not enough belt pressure. Eliminated tensioner and bracket all together and installed a chevy style slider bracket for the alternator and get my tension that way! No pulley changes, no underdrive pulleys all stock and using stock serpinetine belt for ac cars. hope this helps you.

Junior SCH Member
    CiDhed, How did you fabricate your tensioner setup?
    Keep the old school, old school

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 86notch View Post
    CiDhed, How did you fabricate your tensioner setup?

I'll snap pictures when I get home.

Junior SCH Member
    Cool thanks.

Junior SCH Member

Sorry it is dirty. It has been sitting for the winter and I sprayed belt dressing on it to make sure the noise I heard when I started it the other day was the belt. If you are planning to fabricate something I can take the plate off and give you measurements. It came on the car and I can't find one like it on the internet.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the pics and the link. This gives me a starting place now, without replacing the compressor or eliminating the smog pump. Now the only fabbing that I need to do is have this in place with the a/c delete.