Thread: Anyone here running a tweecer?

Junior SCH Member

Anyone here running a tweecer?

Well mine is on the way. There is a hugh learning curve, but I have been working very hard on it. Is there any hints or info you could give me to help out. I just finished Probst's book.

So far I have the MAF transfer and injector slopes set. I have set the WOT timing curve, and I intend to richen the top end some so I can ditch the fmu.

Hopefully after I figure out what I'm doing I'll buy a wideband or get some dyno time this summer.

I am not running one as I have one of the best tuners here locally. As far as you doing it yourself, I give you a lot of credit, they are not easy to use from what I understand just because of everything that you can do with them. It sounds like you have a good start and have read up quite a bit on it. I would suggest playing with it as much as possible and then getting yourself some good dyno time to where you can really accurately see what is going on in terms of wideband O2 and what kind of power you are laying down vs. what kind of tune you are running. I think it is a good investment to anyone who wants to spend the time in really learning how to fully take advantage of the tool.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Senior SCH Member
    I have the EEC Tuner and I love it, I've had it for over a year now and I've learned a ton of stuff about the EEC. I just bought a wideband last week so I'm going to start the 'real' tuning now and stop the 'seat of the pants' stuff. It is a truly awesome tool and I suggest anyone that knows a decent amount about the workings of the EFI motors to get one. They are so much better then a chip and you can literally do ANYTHING you want with your car (this can be bad if you dont know what your doing)...
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

Junior SCH Member
    Just a quick question for you guys talking about wideband O2's........is there a company that makes a setup that will give "ACCURATE" air/fuel ratio's as good as the sensors used on dyno's?
    94 GT, with ..........NOTHING yet.

Junior SCH Member
    Yes.
    check out www.iwantperformance.net
    It looks to me, if you have a tweecer/rt to data log with it will be about 390 plus the sensor. if you want a stand alone you are looking at about 550 plus the sensor.

Junior SCH Member
    oh, yeah. there are others DIY out of australia and it seems like there are more.

Senior SCH Member
    Mine is the Austrailia built Wide band and we put it against an FJO being used on a friends DynoJet 248C and it was within 2/10th's of the $1000 plus wide band.....and it only set me back $400 +sensor. It has been an invaluable tuning tool and really has helped me get my car very streetable. Just go to the site mentioned above for some good info. www.iwantperformance.net
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

Junior SCH Member
    I forgot to thank you guys for the wideband O2 info...............thank you. I think I'll have to invest in one of those setups that's for damn sure. What a PITA it is having to run to a dyno to find out how dangerously lean ya are.
    94 GT, with ..........NOTHING yet.