Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
sn93 sounds like rocks are rolling around in it

Thread: sn93 sounds like rocks are rolling around in it

Junior SCH Member

sn93 sounds like rocks are rolling around in it

i have a SN 93 on a 85 TPI camaro I bought new 5 years ago and have put 1200 miles on it.I noticed it sounds like there are rocks rolling around in the head,but it does not do it all the time and when it does the noise goes away in about a minute and sounds normal. Is this something I need to worry about?If the Balls are bad would it make noise all the time?

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    If this happens at low idle and the engine is not running completley smooth and the noise goes away if you give it a little more rpm then there is nothing to worry about.
    If you loosen the belt and turn the pulley from left to right by hand you feel and here the same noise.
    That is the oilpumpshaft hitting the inside.
    The SN 93 I had, had a spring around it to keep it at its place and was silent.
    You can see it in this picture I made:

Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw