Thread: SN set up question

Junior SCH Member

SN set up question

I have an 89 mustang and am fixing to install a sn2000 . I'm also installing an aeromotive fuel system , my question is the areomotive regulator comes with boost reference do i still need an fmu or will the reg keep up

Junior SCH Member
    I got a reply on another site and someone said if I have the custom tune I might not need the the fmu . Does anybody know if thats correct

Senior SCH Member
    It is correct. A custom tune will cost some money. This would involve larger injectors.

You could also have it dynotuned with the FMU for less money... or be like some of us cheapies and go with the FMU with the calibration disk for your injector size.

Junior SCH Member
    What about running a mallory 685 ign system . That would allow constant tuning , the only reason I'm asking is because its going on a daily driver and really dont want to have to constantly tune the car , so what is the best set up for install and leave it alone

Junior SCH Member
    Custom tune only needs to be done once, unless you change your set-up. I know around here a custom tune will run you between $500-$600. Your other option is to run an fmu calibrated for your injector size, this won't give you every ounce of power like a tune will but people run them with good results. In my opinion, for a daily reliable driver I would get a tune, talk to a tuner and find out what they recommend for supporting parts, i.e. maf,injectors, fuel pump etc.