Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Sn-92 alternator mounting

Thread: Sn-92 alternator mounting

Junior SCH Member

Sn-92 alternator mounting

I purchased a 93 GT with a SN-92 installed. the previous owner never got the engine tuned after installing the blower and now i have blown piston rings. I started the tear down to get the engine out and i noticed that the alternator had some movement at the mount. I looked into it more and i see that it is held on with 1 bolt into the SN bracket and 1 bolt to a lower brace. I can see another hole in the SN bracket that looks like it goes through the alternator, but there is no bolt in it. My question is, how many bolts should there be holding the alternator in? does anyone have a picture of there set up that shows the alternator mounting?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You can see in this photo the hole that I am talking about.

If it is not for the alternator, is it just another mounting bolt?
    Last edited by 1993stanglover; 05-26-2010 at 09:22 AM.

Senior SCH Member
    Two bolts for the alternator.

The casting where the alternator and smog pump get mounted are the same for the new Paxton and Vortech. You can download the installation instructions in .pdf format from their websites. What I have here is a scanned image somebody graciously sent thru this website some time back.
    Attached Images Attached Images