Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best bang for buck?

Senior SCH Member
    You are going to have to add shims to the races to get more preload on the balls. Since you will be opening it up you may as well do the impeller upgrade. Keep in mind you will be re-setting the gap on the impeller as well. Impeller shims will probably be required too.

Junior SCH Member
    As i dont know how to do this myself, although id like to, craig at paradise said if you send the unit to them, they will put the HO impellor in, ($150) and take your old one back ( worth $50 or so) and that will cover the cost of them installing it.

So it might be best to send it to them so they can add the impellor like i wanted, and then fix that problem as well because They would have to reshim everything anyways wouldnt they?

Senior SCH Member
    You could have them "officially" check the rotational torque and to verify if it is too notchy or not. Then they could tell you if it is to be reshimmed for the proper preload (or not).

If it is only an impeller upgrade then they only will open the scroll cover to replace the impeller and add or remove shims as required.

Junior SCH Member
    yea they said they could diagnose it for free. I talked to someone at CUNDN and they said it sounds like the blower is fine, so I think I am going to get a 3.75" pulley and sell my 4" before anything else.

Anyone wanna trade?? I have a 4" and a 4.25" to sell or trade