Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F1-R help

Junior SCH Member

F1-R help

Just got our new F1-R......is the single bracket that goes on the head (only held onto engine with 3 bolts) enough??? Also, where does everyone run the air inlet? We are currently working on running it from the drivers side under the bumper cover.
    92 LX 306" F1-R renegade drivers side mount.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Junior SCH Member
    That bracket comes straight from my design that I ran on my renegade car. With an 8 rib belt I made 32 - 34lbs of boost and NEVER ONE SINGLE TIME threw a belt. As for the inlet, running it straight down and into the fender works real nice. The air meter mounts right under the frame rail. Unless you are looking for EVERY last hp, mount it there with a good size filter. Otherwise mount it in the fog lite opening. At 150mph it's worth some power. :)

Michael Freedman

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks alot....did you run all of that boost with legal renegade pulleys? we were hoping for around 25 psi with the 8" crank, and the 4.5" s/c.

Junior SCH Member
    Yup. That was 100% Renegade legal. We ran a 4.5" pulley and an 8" crank. We were turning the motor 8500rpm.... you may or may not need more pulley depending on where you are spinning your motor, and how much air it moves.

Michael Freedman

Junior SCH Member
    thanks alot mike. talk at you later.

Junior SCH Member
    One more question mike....does anyone make an upper tube for this setup? I heard keith at skinny kid made one for someone i know....but he said he spent almost a grand!!! We made one for the paxton....but it was made out of about 4 or 5 pieces welded togeather....wasn't all that good looking. Do you suggest putting the blow off close to the s/c? we had it almost in the pass fender on the paxton.
    thx

Junior SCH Member
    Well... if you were going to run a MAF sensor, then just make sure that you aim the tube away from the meter... other than that, nothing to worry about. As for having a discharge tube made... Procharger may sell one, but you can make one real easy from pieces. That is what most people do.... get someone to tig it together and it will look mint.

Michael Freedman

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by MichaelFreedman
    With an 8 rib belt I made 32 - 34lbs of boost

Michael Freedman
    Wow! looks like I got more blower than I need (I can certainly live with that).

Michael, do you have any pictures of your blower installation?
    83 Capri
    Intercooled F1R
    351W, 8.5 Compression
    CNC Canfields
    Solid roller cam
    Super Victor intake
    Holley 750 DP
    1-3/4 headers, 3" exhaust

Junior SCH Member

Hey Mike !!!!

Yup. That was 100% Renegade legal. We ran a 4.5" pulley and an 8" crank. We were turning the motor 8500rpm.... you may or may not need more pulley depending on where you are spinning your motor, and how much air it moves.

Michael Freedman
    Shut up Mike!!!! If you keep telling everyone how much boost these F1R's make and how to set'em up everyone will want them. Yea Mikes right anyways. We use his design and never had a belt problem and we run a legit 30++ psi of boost. No toy brackets here! Long live the golf cart wheel!!!!! If you've seen Mike's design you'll know what I mean.

Junior SCH Member
    So could one of you guys either post or email me a picture of this bracket setup? A picture of your intake setup would be nice too if you have it.
    83 Capri
    Intercooled F1R
    351W, 8.5 Compression
    CNC Canfields
    Solid roller cam
    Super Victor intake
    Holley 750 DP
    1-3/4 headers, 3" exhaust

Post pictures please if you could... I would like to see it as well, as would other people too I'm sure.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    Ill work on something over the next day or so.....

Mike Freedman

That would be great! Thank you:)
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    Ill work on something over the next day or so.....

Mike Freedman
    Me Too! I'll find some pics. I will be changing ours completely this year.
    Mi-Te Racing Team
    1994 SN95 306 YS-trim
    NMRA FFW Renegade

Junior SCH Member

pic links

OK guys I found some pics unfortunately I can't bring them over for some reason but I can give you a link to see them. Should be more than enough eye candy to give everyone an idea. Everything is straight from Procharger minus the cheesy bracket for the vacuum pump. You will see the golf cart wheel perfectly. It works so well I put it on our Vortech setup. My next tubing project will have the venturi turn up towards say 10-11 o'clock position and go over the distributor not around it. The tubing, come to think about it, is the Procharger stuff just welded together.www.stangfireman.com/pakwww.stangfireman.com/pak
    Mi-Te Racing Team
    1994 SN95 306 YS-trim
    NMRA FFW Renegade