Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Help!!!!

Thread: Help!!!!

Junior SCH Member

Help!!!!

I got this for free I know nothing about it... I was told it was weiend 6-71 but I googles it and none of them looked like mine... I was also told it needed oil seals due to a leak.. But it came off a running car. I wanna put it on my camaro it's a 92 with a 400 sbc... Mild build bout 500 hp forged pistons def not setup for a bower so I want it to build the least amount of boost possible. Lik2-3 I'm mainly doin this for looks... Not performance.... I don't have a lower manifold for it so I need to know where to get one or how to adapt it to fit a sbc. Any help would be great!

IMG_0420.JPG

Welcome to the forum.

You're going to have to post a photo of your blower if you're expecting anyone to help identify it.

BTW - bolting up something like a 6-71 is a lot of work if all you're going after is "looks".

Junior SCH Member
    i apologize i attemped to post the pic from my iphone... also i know it will be a bit of work and i def am jsut doin it for looks this is not a race car it is a street driven car that will prolly never see the track... but it will def turn some heads cruzin arount town with a blower pokin out the hood. there is a lil bit of scarring on one of the impellers but there is no binding what so ever. it spins and moves freely. any way here are some pics.

Junior SCH Member
    23 view and no1 can help me identify this thing?

Junior SCH Member
    Sorry but no pictures seen so far. Could be my system I suppose.

Are there any stampings or casting numbers/logos on the case? That might help to narrow things down a bit.

Personally, it looks to me to have come from some kind of industrial application... possibly off a large truck or tractor/trailer. If that's the case, it may make it much more difficult to identify.

Junior SCH Member
    5150233 is cast onto the front of it but there are no other marking or brands on it at all... i googled it but didnt come up with much.... i jsut figured since it was free i could spend a couple hundred bucks and stick it on my car for the cool factor but if not..... well at least i can say i tried.

Junior SCH Member

GMC Blowers

It was my system I can see the pictures now.

That casting number was used on the GMC 4-71 and GMC 6-71 Blowers.

Junior SCH Member
    i see... well what would it take to make this work on my car? do they make a lower intake manifold for it? i also wanna convert it to a wide cog style drive belt and get ride of the v belt... like i said i dont know alot about setting one of these up. and need some input and suggestions on what all i will need todo to get this on my car. also can i jsut use my current carb??? do u HAVE to have a blower carb or will a regular carb work? liek i said im not looking to get huge hp outta this i jsut wanna do it for looks. also i was told it needed new seals. so i will have to disassemble it and reseal it. how difficult is that? hopfully yall can give me some info!

Junior SCH Member
    another thing i jsut noticed... is that the mouting on my blower is diff then the gmc 6-71 i googled. it has 4 mounting holes on either side mine does not.... it has 4 mounting holes on the very bottom.....

Junior SCH Member
    You could read this book.
    How to Build Ford Flathead V-8 Horsepower
    By George McNicholl

Quote Originally Posted by james redman View Post
    You could read this book.
    How to Build Ford Flathead V-8 Horsepower
    By George McNicholl
    Not sure that book is going to do much good since he wants to bolt it up to a 400CID Chevy small block.

Quote Originally Posted by newANDconFused
    ...what would it take to make this work on my car? do they make a lower intake manifold for it?
    Have you checked out Jegs (www.jegs.com) or Summit Racing (www.summitracing.com)? I believe they sell an intake manifold that might accept this supercharger for a 400 SBC application.

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah I did they have one but the manifold is for a diff style than I have the one they sell the super charger has 3 or 4 bolt holes on ether side to attach t to the manifold but mine does not it has 4 threaded holes on the very bottom of the charger.

Senior SCH Member
    maybe you could bolt a aluminum plate to the intake and blower to the plate locating the pulleys as needed.there is a explanation in victorylibrary.com in the tech pages.if you drill the Vee grove pulleys for the 1/2' drive belt it may work.i am using a carb with no power valves[holley]and if you keep an eye on the A/F you can do it on the street in mild form.
    "69"Satellite,440,8-71,996hp at 6K/983TQ at 4K,4000lbs.

Junior SCH Member
    You might be better off and put that thing back on the shelf. It looks to be a industrial blower and the clearences are probably so loose you wont get any real boost. Better off just getting a kit built for your car and you will be way ahead. Heres a pic of a B&M 420 for a chevy so you can see what all you need to modify....