Thread: serial # 05719 novi 2000 who rebuilts them ???

serial # 05719 novi 2000 who rebuilts them ???

Does any1 know who rebuilds the older novi 2000 blowers because Paxton sure *** hell can't . They wont touch any novi that serial # starts with 05xxx , i heard that the old novi's are still really good blower's capable of boosting some decent #'s , is this true ???? thanx any help would be appreciated

Novi 2000 blowers with serials that start with 05xxx were built by Paxton during the days when the company was owned by the Granatelli family. The Paxton company has a long and (somewhat) convoluted history, with ownership changing hands several times. That might explain why the current company ownership (Vortech) doesn't want to deal with any units built before their time. It sucks (as far as I'm concerned when a company falls under new ownership, unless otherwise agreed to, the new owners should automatically take on the responsibility of servicing and supporting past/out-of-production products) but there's probably little you can do about it.

But the fortunate news is that one of the Granatelli family members is also a member of SCH. He goes under the username "Granatelli". Try sending him a PM, I'm certain he'll be more than happy to steer you in the right direction re: your Novi 2000.

Junior SCH Member
    Its true that the older blowers where great and put out big boost. I have one that i bought back when George Greco was running his mustang and Granatteli was doing R&D to build them . If you saw this blower you would say "What is that sh-t on it" as far as bearing supports. They also would spin them to 65,000-70,000 rpm. Mine makes 24 lbs of boost through a air to air intercooler and puts down 752 hp at the tires with a 306 ci street car. 75 tooth lower and a 31 tooth upper.

Junior SCH Member
    Also these blowers rob alot of power. We Dynoed this one at a 135hp loss just to spin it at 6,000rpm