Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
331 stroker build

Thread: 331 stroker build

Junior SCH Member

331 stroker build

I'm new to superchargering, so some help is greatly appreciated. My engine combo is Scat 9000 series cast crank, 5140 forged I beam rods, Probe 9.99:1 comp with 60cc heads, AFR 165cc heads with pedestal mount 1.60 ratio roller rockers and 60cc combustion chambers, Ford motorsports x-303 cam, Holley Systemax 2 upper and lower intake, 75mm EGR and Throttle body, Pro M 77mm MAF, 42 lbs injectors.

First, I have an SN-89 supercharger, my guess is this engine combo would not benefit from this unit unless it were upgraded. Would a simple HO impeller do or should it be upgraded with a vr4 kit. I just want to take the altitude factor out by replacing the lost air from my 5300 ft altitude with the supercharger. My crank is rated to 500 hp so I would like to be very close to that at the flywheel. I used the Comp cams software and it shows 485 hp as the unboosted expectation at sea level.

With this induction system will I need the FMU for fuel management, I also have an MSD boost retard control will this be necessary if I have the engine dyno tuned.

The engine use will be occassional strip use mostly street in an 1986 GT, 6200 rpm shift point at track. I was thinking that changing pulleys for the track might be best. Use pulleys that will spin the head unit to around 39000 @ 5000 rpm and change to pulleys for the track that spin the unit to around 39000 @ 6200 rpm is this even possible and will the tune need to be changed to do this.

Thank you for your input

SCH Member
    I would try the supercharger as is first before you assume you would not benefit from it w/o upgrades.

Z.

'65 K code