Thread: *VIDEO* of novi 2k making rattling noise

*VIDEO* of novi 2k making rattling noise

Old model novi 2000 makes rattling noise , only when it idle's under 900 rpm. The guy i got it from says it's normal ???? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8jTRKkWqRI

I wouldn't consider any sort of rattling noise as something 'normal', unless we're talking about a particular species of snake... or the clutch on a Ducati motorcycle.... those things rattle like CRAZY in neutral!

After watching the video you posted, it almost sounds to me like there's something loose, possibly a bracket or a brace that might be connected to the blower itself. Maybe at idle there's enough play that it rattles, but under any kind of throttle the loose connection receives a tortional load on it that stops the sound from occurring.

Have you tried just simply going around to all the visible fasteners on the blower and the brackets that attach to the block with a socket or wrench and giving them a little 'nudge' to snug them up a bit? I have a feeling you may find one of them might be a bit loose.

Senior SCH Member
    I dont think that exactly sounds normal. A bearing may be going out inside the head unit. Mine has the noticlble whine but does not have the sounds of the grunting/grinding.

When I put my blower brace on it will sound like that but I know its the bearings inside the brace.

For curiousitys sake, the bolt that holds the blower pulley on..........is it tight, not bottomed out, and both 1/8 keys are installed

The bolt on the blower pulley was loose so i tighten it down some and the sound level went down a bit. Hey mrtbolt64 and Michael called it there gooood!!! Here's the video of the blower sound after the bolt was tighten , u could still here something but not as before let me know what u guys think .Thank you all for ur input much appreciated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwx_hCFwSwY
    Last edited by 408notch; 08-23-2010 at 10:09 PM. Reason: wrong url