Thread: Ilku from Finland

Junior SCH Member

Ilku from Finland

Hi,

I try to find suitable new supercharger to my car from here.
    Now I have Paxton SN-89 supercharger (with better impeller), but it's too old to my new compination and can't be able to produce more power.

Could someone help me to find passenger sides new supercharger which is suitable with my new engine?

Here is my car: http://www.nic.fi/~ilku

Hello and welcome to SCH.

You're going to have to provide a bit more information as to why the SN89 is no longer suitable. If it's power output is no longer sufficient enough for you, that's a different issue, but if it's still working fine on your car then I wouldn't consider it unsuitable.

Have you considered one of the ProCharger units for your particular application? I know they make kits that bolt up to GM TPI cars (like your Trans Am), and if I am not mistaken I believe the head unit(s) are mounted on the passenger side.

Junior SCH Member

SN-92

Thank you for quick answering!

At first I have to ask sorry, because I tell my unit to be SN-89... it's SN-92 exactly!
    That unit doesn't give that power what I want to my new engine...

I am interested in to buy ProCharger D-1SC unit if it fits to the passenger side. I know that there are kits to GM TPI engine but only to wrong side (drivers side). I don't want to move my AC Compressor to passenger side and move belts to serpentin system.

Could anyone tell me if there is some units that give more power than my SN-92 and fits to the passenger side to my '87 model Pontiac?

Thanks!

--
    Ilku