Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
cog tooth profile

Thread: cog tooth profile

cog tooth profile

I had pulleys made recently, but I'm a little concerned. Tooth profile isnt exactly the same as the original Vortech one.

Black is 34T, silver is 30T. Belt Gates 1600-8M-50 ( 1600mm long, 8M profile and 50mm wide. HTD teeth )

Do I need to be concerned ? Belt is a very tight fit into the black pulley

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't think you'd have a problem, however can you take the new gear back to the shop who machined it for you and have them re-machine the tooth profiles to better match the original? I don't know how difficult a job it would be and if they will charge you for it, but it might be at least worth asking.

It would be impossible to remachine and retain a proper profile. As any new machining would reduce the overall diameter.

there just seems to be so many different profiles, all very similar, but different.

HTD, GT2, Eliminator, RRP etc all appear to be different yet some compatible profiles.

Senior SCH Member
    Stevie

I agree too that you will be fine. By looks though it would apprear they machined for the gt2 style belt verse the full radius of the HTD profile. Never the less I am pretty sure you can run any of the belt profile with your new pulley. Just run it

should also mention that the black pulley is the Vortech item. The silver one is the new one I had made.
    Belt pictured is an HTD belt.