Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
GT350 with SN2000 overhaul

Thread: GT350 with SN2000 overhaul

Junior SCH Member

GT350 with SN2000 overhaul

While driving my 67 GT350 last night, I noticed my paxton starting to whine....Very short drive to the house....disconnected the belt and noticed a notchy feel as it rotated...

I disassembled the unit this morning and found a spot in the drive hub.....all the races and balls all appear good....The hub is at the center of where the five balls run had a small defect...

I tried to remove the hub from the rear impeller, just wanted to make sure the bolt is a common right hand thread...before putting more pressure on it....

Also, any info, or special things I need to know about bolting the front case on, after repair...

PW the best place for parts? They rebuilt this unit in 2001..

Thanks

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    Damn, don't post those picture anymore :huytsao:
    You must mean the impeller shaft.
    Yes Paradize is the place to be, there are other on Ebay, bud I have my doubts on them.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

There's a great SN2000 disassembly thread here which might prove useful to you:

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/show...SN+disassembly

Also, here's an exploded view of the Paxton SN - not the greatest copy, but it has the torque values you'll need during reassembly:

And yes, Paradise Wheels is the best place to get replacement parts. They currently own all the rights to the SN series Paxton superchargers.

Oh yeah, and please feel free to post more photos... especially if they are like the one you've posted above.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the help, I have spent quite a bit of time researching the forum.....
    I will give Craig a call, later today or tomorrow...
    Attached Images Attached Images