Thread: -pulley/boost question

Junior SCH Member

-pulley/boost question

I just got finished installing a ysi in my 93 gt. Trying to decide what pulley combo to go with before i waste money on a belt.

i currently have 7 inch crank and 2.95 headunit pulley. all 10 rib except head unit, it's an 8 rib.

how can i figure out the amount of boost it will make with my variables?

i've tried searching but came up empty. Also from searching it looks like i'll have alot of belt slip with that combo but i dont have enough room under the electric weater pump to go bigger on the crank.

car is a 331 with afr205 and a big blower cam. the old s trim made 524rwhp and i hope to get more than that with this one.

Have you tried downloading the spreadsheet at the top of this thread? Note: you'll need MSExcel to use it:

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/showthread.php?t=4907

It may not have your exact Vortech unit, but I think you can roughly determine what kind of boost you'll see and which pulley combo might be best for your application.
    Last edited by Michael; 09-07-2010 at 03:24 PM.

Junior SCH Member

thanks

i did not even notice it, thanks for the heads up and i'll check it out.

thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Have you tried downloading the spreadsheet at the top of this thread? Note: you'll need MSExcel to use it:

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/showthread.php?t=4907

It may not have your exact Vortech unit, but I think you can roughly determine what kind of boost you'll see and which combo might be best for your application.