Thread: Bypass valve question?

Junior SCH Member

Bypass valve question?

I'm running a D1-SC on my 2000GT and have had great success so far and have been thoroughly satisfied both with the unit and the customer service!
    Anyways, the only thing I do not like about the kit is the sound that the bypass valve makes when of the throttle or pushing in the clutch(kinda of a shuttering sound).
    My question is can I put a different valve on that sounds a bit more like a turbo'd car that gives that whistle like sound? Do other valves offered by procharger/vortech/any others sound different. I've seen a couple of 10 second mustang kits in the magazines with other valves on them, and most of these valves are welded to a portion of the inlet tubing somewhere.
    Can anyone shed some light?
    By the way, I'm at 459 RWHP last time I dyno'd and running low 12's/high 11's on street tires on 12 psi. I currently building a forged block so I can turn boost up to about 15-18 and be somewhere around the 550hp mark.

thanks
    Chris

I am assuming that you have the valve that is an aluminum tube with the valve in it more or less. You can upgrade/replace any bypass or blow off valve no problem as long as you get one that will fit your application. If you have the aluminum one, there are a bunch of different turbo blow off valves out there that will be more or less a direct bolt-on. Check some turbo sites, take measurments of yours, your application, so that you will be able to pick the right one that will fit on your car. Try http://www.turboxs.com They have a bunch of different ones.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net