Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Possible VR4 source - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible VR4 source

Senior SCH Member

Update

"mike, the kits are done. I have already shipped out 23 of them. you are on the list and i should be done with the last 7 kits by the end of next week and will ship out before xmas. i do not plan to make any more of these as it has been a big pain in my *** so i will not be taking any more orders.

nash"

This is the email I got this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck-Strickland View Post
    "mike, the kits are done. I have already shipped out 23 of them. you are on the list and i should be done with the last 7 kits by the end of next week and will ship out before xmas. i do not plan to make any more of these as it has been a big pain in my *** so i will not be taking any more orders.

nash"

This is the email I got this morning.

I'm surprised

I hope he isn't selling them to other venders (instead of us), so they can mark them up :(

SCH Member
    geez, life is big pain in the ***. So what ! If you're wanting everything easy, then you've landed on the wrong planet.

Just mark up the price to make it worthwhile, but don't quit. (I hate quitters)

Z.

'65 K code

Junior SCH Member
    Well that's pretty weak. Someone finally starts to make them then decides to quit.:cry:

Junior SCH Member
    @buck-strickland: Did you get any more informations from nash? I'm #28 and 29 . Really hope that nash will do the last 7 kits.

Senior SCH Member
    Not yet.

I'm not sure what number I am, if your 28 & 29, I may be out of luck. I will update as soon as I hear anything new.

Senior SCH Member
    Mine showed up. Nice pieces. Looking forward to trying in Spring.

SCH Member

replacement head unit

I'm glad someone actually was able to get a vr4 upgrade.
    Last edited by 88t.birdsc; 01-10-2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: new thread

Senior SCH Member
    Some pic's. In case anybody is interested.

I will take pictures of each step when I do the swap, and shim the Ball Drive.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations on the new arrival!

And posting pics or your progress as you swap out the old SN 'guts' for the new VR4 parts would be fantastic. I'm sure a lot of people will really appreciate it.

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    Did the kit also cam with a heavyer bellevue washer and longer bolts ?
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Senior SCH Member
    It did not come with the longer rear cover bolts, but I have access to that. The SN2000 already has the updated beville washer, so I did not need it.

Junior SCH Member
    As my native language is not english I do not understand bellevue washer. What longer bolts are meant? What is the difference between the SN2000 and the SN89 regarding those parts? I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Senior SCH Member
    See attached photo. The longer bolts are referring to the VR4 cover being thicker, thus needing longer bolts, see 26 in the diagram.

The belleville washer(really it's a spring) is supposedly different between the years. I have no direct knowledge.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Junior SCH Member
    thanks a lot Buck-Strickland,
    my kits are on the way. Nash built me I think the last ones. Had a lot of mails with him. He is a great guy. Regarding the longer bolts and case I hope that I do not get any issues with my valve cover.

The diagram is great! As I can see the function of the washer 26 is to produce a nearly constant axial force between the races and the balls in order to enable a torque transmission. Am I right?

Joo