Thread: what was the hardest part about installling your procharger?

Junior SCH Member

what was the hardest part about installling your procharger?

Im going to be installing mine maybe thuis weekend. theres so much stuff in that box, I was wondering what was the most time consuming part of the install? BTW I'll also be throwing on - msd6btm, blaster tfi coil, holley adjustable fuel pressure regulater, boost and fuel pressure gauges, pro-m 75 mm blowthru mass air, 42# injectors, 255 intank pump. I plan on ditching the fmu and the inline fuel pump. what do oyu think will take me the longest to install?

Junior SCH Member
    The battery relocation
    The enlargement of the hole for the intake tube(which includes taking out washer res.)
    or
    The cooler. If you got the three core, you will have to loosen the nose clip and there is alot of piping.(mine didn't seem to go where the pics showed and there was a little trimming involved)

Of course, The bracket that holds the sc and idler pulley take some time unless you've put it on a few times already.

Just remember "It will all be worth it in the end."

When we did my buddies 96', the hardest part was most definately the 3-core intercooler. Other than that, it was pretty streight forward. On another friends 97', same thing... the intercooler and also he has a P600B, so the oil plumming was kind of a pain, but not really.

I wish that what you just mentioned was all that I have to do here shortly on my car. I have so much on the table as far as things to do to this car for the blower project, I am beside myself. I am going to just have to start somewhere and just dig in.

Also, it will DEFINATELY be worth it in the end.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Senior SCH Member
    With mine I would say working with the power steering lines was a pain, as you had to relocate the power steering cooler for the intercooler to fit properly.
    Other than that, I would say the intercooler and tubing, getting everything lined up correctly, and getting the intercooler up in the front bumper where it belonged. I had to drill out some holes in the fog light bracketry in my car to get the intercooler to sit up higher. It still pushed down my my ground effect on the drivers side.

DAN
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

Junior SCH Member
    Waiting for it....:D

I would say reading the instructions, form then on piece of cake.
    99 Laser red Mustang GT
    CDC Shaker inducted