Junior SCH Member

New blow through 408 windsor

Guys,

I am looking for some suggestions for my new blow through 408 set up:

Fuel pump
    regulator
    other fuel system requirements?

I am going to re-use my heads and intake from my N/A 408
    ( ported Pro comps 218cc they flow 318/228 @ .700 & the vic jr was port matched to the heads along with plenum and runner porting).

Will these heads be ok? I have picked up a Novi 2000 to use with this setup.
    Any other suggestions would be helpful as I am new the the supercharging game.

Thanks,

Jeff

Senior SCH Member
    What are your over all goals with power range? The Novi will work but its going to be on the smaller side for a 408.

What side does the novi mount on? Figure on atleast a 8 inch crank pulley to start

The heads and intake should be fine.

You may want to go over to http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/index.php as there is a lot more traffic on the blow thru stuff there

Junior SCH Member
    I was thinking around 650 or more to the tires. Not really sure, its mostly a street car. Car show, nice days and some track time. Not to sure why im going to to it because the car runs great now but just want to try something new. It is a passenger side mount.

Thanks,

Jeff

Senior SCH Member
    650 to the tires is very doable, how ever do not go chasing dyno numbers. A nice hyd roller, with around 10 to 12lbs of boost should get you there.

You will however need to look at your entire set-up like gears, trans, and converter. RPM wise will probably be able to stay under 6500 easily.

Here is a link to mine as I run a novi also

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co..._lx/index.html

Junior SCH Member
    Man, that too funny. I have that mag and your car is what gave me the idea for my set up...Im not worried about the dyno numbers, I just want to make sure it will still run good without having to mess withe it all the time. The blow through seems like more wore then efi for tuning, but I have only had N/A cars. My car has Baseline rear suspension, strange adj shocks, coil overs in the front with Strange adjustable struts. Astro A5 tranny (650HP) 31 spline axles w/4.10. I know the 4.10 will have to go. Are you making any more of the custom brackets and selling them like you made for your car?

Jeff

Senior SCH Member
    A lot of people have had great luck with the blow thru. Tim Huspen is one such person, again.......these guys are on yellowbullet

My only real concern is with that T5, your going to break it. Even a c4 will really hate life, so either a c6, th400, glide, and I have heard some going with the aod but its pricey.

I switched to a glide this year and its been the best thing I have done as it has been faster than the C4. Went 9.15 @149 a month ago and it still has more in it.

For rear gear you will be able to drop to a 3.31 if your on a 28" tire.

As far as the brackets, its just depends on which ones your wanting

Junior SCH Member
    Chad,

Did you modify the Paxton mounting bracket? I am seeing threads where the stock brackets will have clearance problems on a 351 block vs 302 block. Are you having any issues (Valve covers, hood, etc...)?

Thanks,

Jeff

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blazer1970 View Post
    Chad,

Did you modify the Paxton mounting bracket? I am seeing threads where the stock brackets will have clearance problems on a 351 block vs 302 block. Are you having any issues (Valve covers, hood, etc...)?

Thanks,

Jeff

No, I did not modify the brackets at all. However, on the 351 the blower is now raised a little over 7/8 of an inch and that will cause you some greif with the oil feed line and the hood if everything else is in the stock mounting locations

Options are to either place some spacers under the k-member, convetible style motor mounts "I heard these are lower" or get a k-member with atleast one inch of drop.

It can be a double edged sword when you start dropping the engine down as clearance of the oil pan to the rack can get close if using a aftermarket pan. So take your time mocking things up. If you go the kmemeber route you can get it with a dropped rack as well.

No modification of the valve covers either. On the novi's cast aluminum bracket it uses the 3 bolts to the cylinder head, the lowest mounting hole would go to a ear on the 302 block. I just made a "L" bracket out of aluminum to adapt that to a 351, I can make you one as well.

I will pm you my number, give me a call if you need any help