Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
troubleshooting an eaton roots supercharger

Thread: troubleshooting an eaton roots supercharger

Junior SCH Member

troubleshooting an eaton roots supercharger

I believe my drive housing bearing may be worn out but im not sure how to differentiate this from just a bad idler pulley or a worn out coupler. I replaced the coupler and the noise is even louder. I currently have the s/c removed. Internals are fine, no metal shavings but the idler pulley had some shavings on it and is going bad.

The manual says it may be a "drive housing bearing"...

Where would this drive housing bearing be located? Snout or inside attached to the fan blades? Im not exactly sure what this "drive housing bearing" is... it's not another term for the coupler correct?

here is a quick video I made, it kinda sounds like marbles in a can or a metal on metal sound:
    2004' blown 1.8L Corolla S

I have to ask: where did you get a roots blower for a Toyota Corolla?!? I'm assuming it was a kit, and not a blower from some other application that you've just bolted up.

Reason I'm asking is my father's just purchased a 2010 Corolla CE (in fact, he's picking it up tomorrow), and if there's a blower kit available for his car... who knows... maybe he'll consider it as a future mod?

And to answer where the drive housing bearing is, I believe it's in the snout.

Of course, if the blower is making these noises and you've already removed it from the car, it may be a wise thing to consider replacing all the bearings within the unit. Chances are good if one bearing has gone, the rest won't be far behind.
    Last edited by Michael; 11-17-2010 at 08:21 PM.