Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
hey new guy here.hello.

Thread: hey new guy here.hello.

Junior SCH Member rampant racing's Avatar

hey new guy here.hello.

hi my name is gary and i live in sarnia ont. canada.i have a 2008 mustang 4.0l v6 with a v3 si trim and a custom air to air intercooler and a custom aluminum intake manifold i made.the car has so far run a best of 13.26 at 104mph at st.thomas dragway this fall.i am having lots of issues with surging and have gotten a better bov and am converting it to a blow through system with hpx maf.also it ran the 13.26 without a proper tune on the dyno .i just modified the factory diablo tune that came with the vortech.i have a sct aswell and when i get the custom tune i wil use it. it really laid down on the top end and started bucking around.i know it will run in the 12's cause my buddy ran 12.82 with the same kind of car and vortech.looking forward to next year.anybody else having trouble with the plastic diverter valve?

here is a few pics for you af the car ,the engine bay and the new bov i am going to use with my blow through setup.:D
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Gary, and welcome to SCH. Great to see a fellow Canadian onboard.

Sorry to hear about the issues you're encountering with your Si trim Vortech. You should consider starting with a search (or even browsing through our S/Si Trim section) to see if anyone else has had the same issue. If you can't find anything useful that way, try posting your question in the S/Si Trim section.

thanks micheal .no worries though i'll get it sorted out.looking to run 12.40's in the spring.
    2008 mustang 4.0l v6,custom intake manifold,custom 2" stainless full length headers ported and polished heads with titanium valves. v3 si trim vortech with 2.5 pulley and has been switched to a blow through system with large air to air intercooler,8.8 rear with 4.10 gears,lca's,uca,275/45/17 m/t drag radials. custom 5r55s trans with 4000 stall .best et to date is a 12.46 at 110.66 mph but the limiter was set for 110mph lol.it is not now lol. car is 3900lbs with me in it.

Junior SCH Member
    beautiful work!

I had issues w/ my greddy bov. I'm running standalone on a map base, so I don't have an maf to worry about anymore. After reading up on the bov's out there, I've decided to run a synapse bov. You can get flanges to mount to almost any existing mount you have, so no need to weld a new mount on. Plus, it can be run in recirc for an maf set-up, or you can buy their anti-stall set-up to run bov on an maf system. Once I put the car back on the road, I'll post up what I think. ...but I'm reading nothing but good things.

thanks lotar.i have all the issues sorted now.getting a new dyno tune this spring.should be killer.
    2008 mustang 4.0l v6,custom intake manifold,custom 2" stainless full length headers ported and polished heads with titanium valves. v3 si trim vortech with 2.5 pulley and has been switched to a blow through system with large air to air intercooler,8.8 rear with 4.10 gears,lca's,uca,275/45/17 m/t drag radials. custom 5r55s trans with 4000 stall .best et to date is a 12.46 at 110.66 mph but the limiter was set for 110mph lol.it is not now lol. car is 3900lbs with me in it.