Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
M112 snout reversal? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M112 snout reversal?

Junior SCH Member
    Unfortunately not all was plain sailing, at 5.5k rpm the fuel was being trimmed out by a Gremlin and it appears that the crack in the manifold is drawing in air at certain rpm's which is upsetting the Lambda sensor and the crank position sensor is iffy and needs replacing. :(

I've swapped the distributer for another since last time, but it would appear that this hard work is too much to ask of these old sensors and needs to be replaced with a new one.

It took 2 hours of head scratching to find this Gremlin and to fudge it over so we had plenty of these.

Junior SCH Member
    Final run, the noise was intense.

There should be enough puff now to be nearer to 500 than 400 at the flywheel, yet because of the Lambda Gremlin the timing has had to be pulled right back and the rev limit reduced to 6k until I get the manifold sorted.

357 bhp @ hubs corrected @ 1.13 = 404 flywheel bhp. :)

That'll do until next time.

We had 2 quick tries of swinging the cam timing, one @ +1 inlet -2 exhaust and another the other way @ -1 inlet +2 exhaust and both reduced power by the same amount. Dan reckons there's a sweet spot we'll find that will even out the dip in torque curve we'll find next time find without the Gremlins, so back to stock settings for now.
    Last edited by David2009; 07-02-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    I didn't get away until 7pm and we had no time to tinker with the water/meth, yet without it, the max temp of post heat soaked charge-cooled air was 36°C @ 6.5k rpm.

Reducing the torque-convertor lock to 2k rpm has improved the power delivery at the beginning of the curve. :)

Yet beginning to think that the dip in the curve could be torque-converter slip?

1+ Bar in action. :)

Last edited by David2009; 07-02-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    I let a pal have a go, not a special video, but evidence of a single turbo enthusiast becoming addicted to the superchargers songs. ;)

Last edited by David2009; 07-02-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    Now I'm cooking with gas. :)