Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
oil cooler

Thread: oil cooler

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar

oil cooler

Anyone tried an oilcooler in the supercharger suply line ?
    I wonder how much drop in pressure there will be ?
    Or otherwise I would go with a big engine oil cooler between block and filter.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Junior SCH Member
    Well I can tell you from my experinsense. It did In fact drop the temp consdirably in my application too the point i could feel it in the blowers transmission case.The thing to remember is to add more oil then normal. Pressure drop was nothing with mine. I'm a Mine/diesel mechanic by trade. The old catererpiller equipment had both a running and stopped level on the engine oil dip sticks.

I lost a input bearing on my blower when I just left the oil midrange and I have had no issues sense checking it this way.

FYI

the reason Cat and other compiles do this is there is expansion tanks and other drive gears/pumps and such using engine oil. With all the oil in the bottom of the pan it's nesary to check it at 2 diffrent levels on the stick.

I would say filling your pan untill it's at the top of the sticks hash marks should be ok so as long as your cooler is small IE.5x8 or smaller with a single core. That's just an example

hope this helps

John