Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
408w vr4 new dyno #'s

Thread: 408w vr4 new dyno #'s

SCH Member

408w vr4 new dyno #'s

I've got a 408 in my 94 mustang that is going on the dyno Jan 8th, i'll post my hp #'s, I'm looking for 600+ rwhp. Pretty funny story the guy tunning it told me to take the blower off, he said that blower is old school and isn;t going to do much. I tried explaining that its a vr4, he had no idea what i was talking about. hopefully i'm another happy vr4 owner. I'll keep you all posted

Senior SCH Member
    Please keep us informed.

When did you get the VR4? Did you have a SN2000 on it before?

SCH Member
    I've had the Vr4 for like 5years, converter my sn2000 after i built the 408. I had it on the 408 with a gt40 intake and windsor jr heads (way too small for a 408). It made 11psi at 5k rpm and the belt started slipping. Made somewhere in the low 500rwhp at 5k pulled hard untill the boost dropped off. ended up detonating that motor and blew up #5 piston. That was 2.5 years ago, now the 408 is back together with a set of trick flow 205cnc heads and a Trick flow R intake, so i have big expectations if i can get the vr4 to make 8-10 psi at aroung 6k rpm. wish me luck- got to love the whistle it makes!!!!! I'll post a video of the dyno run when i get it

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    Do you use a 8 rib belt ? might want to step up to a 10 rib belt.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

SCH Member
    would love to, i cannot find a 10 rib crank pulley for a 94-95 mustang they a different than the fox. Craig at pw has the 10 rib for the blower but only a crank pulley for the fox none for the 94-95, anyone have any ideas where to get one?

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    Indeed, for your year it is difficult, 8 rib is possible: http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...s_crank_pulley

On my Chevy I use a aluminum spacer and a universal 10 rib pulley.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

SCH Member
    Well I found a 10 rib but its 7.5 and there is only a 3.75 10rib blower pulley avail. That puts me at 52800 @6000 rpm what do you guys think?

Senior SCH Member
    You can run a 8 rib belt on a 10 rib crank pulley.

PW has a few 8 rib pulleys in different sizes. I think Craig said he had a 4.75 (4.5 on the top on the ribs). A lot of belt wrap with the bigger blower pulley, plus 8-rib belts are easier and cheaper to get.

7.5 crank with 4.75 blower pulley would be about 42-44k impeller speed at 6,000 rpm.