Thread: Hey Doug!

Hey Doug!

So, I've got some 36#ers and my pms startup, I'm just trying to come up with a t-rex and a sampling tube for the mas air. I also can't seem to find a fan that will clear my 10 rib and my ron davis radiator! Any suggestions? Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to work on the thing. I'm sorry to hear about your ride being broken into! Also, one more question. Is the stock balancer pressed onto the crank? Thanks in advance.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Brandon,
    The fan I used is made by Flex-A-Lite. It is there slim line dual puller fan. It was the only thing I could find to clear the radiator and belt. I bought mine at Kragen for about $200.00. It isn't cheap, but it cools the car better than my previous fan did. The stock balancer needs to be removed with a harmonic balancer removal tool. The auto part stores in my area (Napa, Pep Boys, Kragen)will loan you tools if you leave them a deposit. You should check into that. Hope this helps.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Here's the problem with the balancer. The moron that had the car before me put some pullies on it. Well, I guess he didn't realize the reason for the all bolts, so there are to hex head bolts that are threaded in, I assume that he used lock tight, because there is no way to get a wrench on them and they are f-ing tight. Then I think he figured the reason for the allen bolts, because the last 2 are allens. So I can't get the crank pully off, to put my blower pully on. Any suggestions?

Brandon

boy, that s*cks. I would probably suggest finding somebody with a Sawzall and cutting the pulley so you can get access to the bolts. Or remove the stock harmonic balancer bolt, remove the 2 allen head bolts, attach the removal tool and see if you can get the balancer and pulley off in 1 piece. This is a tough problem. Let me know how it works out.
    Doug

oh, just so you don't try it, easy out's break in grade 8 9/16inch bolts that are locktitted! Ha, I like the idea about removing the two allen bolts. Got any good ideas for breaking loose the harmonic balancer bolt without the motor turning over like crazy?

Brandon

Put the car in gear and lock the E-brake?

Hmmm, I thought it was in gear, aw well, I'll let you know the outcome. Thanks for the help.

Brandon

Your welcome.