Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Kenne bell on a stock 5.0 NO MODS low end kit

Thread: Kenne bell on a stock 5.0 NO MODS low end kit

Kenne bell on a stock 5.0 NO MODS low end kit

In have 91 5.0 Mustang and I wanted to keep it reliable as stock and keep
    my gas mileage the same if possible. I just wanted a little more ZAP when
    I punch it. I was looking at the Kenne Bell superchargers and they have
    two kits for the 5.0 Fox Mustang. One is a complete kit for a stock engine
    and it comes with a 6 or 8 lb pulley. I went with low end kit. It has the 2.1
    blower just like the big boy dose --the blowzilla is the big boy if you run
    the big boy you need to make some costly modifications I'm not saying it's not worth it I'm just saying my broke *** ain't got it to spend. If you can afford
    new injectors bigger fuel pump and a hand full of other parts and then have your car ran on a dyno and a custom chip burnt for the computer then by all means that's the way to go. (really) But back to my world,,,, Ok the kit comes with a FMU to take care of the extra fuel you will need while boosting. I think
    it just sort of limits the return fuel line and boost up the fuel pressure and
    then the stock injectors dump fuel like crazy (only when boosting)--someone correct me if I'm wrong -- you can't keep the timing advancing like it is when stock or you'll be cooking pistons for dinner. So the instructions tell you how to reset the
    timing by retarding it. I didn't want to do this because I figured that if the timing was retarded back from stock all the time I would loose some gas
    mileage (bad bad bad) so I called kenne Bell and I ended up running a
    MSD-BTM. If your new to supercharging and don't know what that is it's a red
    box that you wire into your coil wires and it retards the timing when you
    boost. It has a vacuum / boost line running to it so it knows whats going on.
    And it looks really cool under the hood. And you keep your timing stock.
    It is adjustable and comes with a knob for more or less timing Looks
    really racy when you mount it inside the car.OK,, I buy the low end kit and it
    takes all day to install --note you can't run any valve covers that are taller than stock even the fined ford racing covers the blower will hit.
    The instructions are not to bad if you take your time and read them
    thoroughly before you even start or have your first beer.
    I'm going to time out so I will continue this in another post page
    Please don't ask question or criticize till I'm done with the next page
    Thanks
    Last edited by Oldfox; 01-18-2011 at 01:52 AM.

Ok so it takes all day to install this kit and it's not to hard at all. When I get all done
    I fire it up and everything checks out.--no leaks,nothing falls off, and no cricket sounds.
    I take it out for a spin and I discover that if I accelerate slowly that I can pull all the RPMS
    that I want and never boost feels just like it did before I installed the blower. After a few
    minuets I'm feeling comfortable that I got back together right I decide to try it out. So I run 2nd gear to 2,500 RPM and drop the hammer. DAYUM what a ride,, I blew off the tires
    right off and the needle on the tach tried to jump out the window buy the way that MSD-BTM has whats known as a rev limiter you can set so at a Pacific RPM it will limit the engine rpms in case you do something stupid like I did. I installed the 6,000 limit chip
    and it got tested. it works. since I installed this kit I have driven many miles with out any problem. I can cruse all day on the expressway and never boost. My gas mileage didn't change at all 21-23 MPG. I drove to Ohio and picked up a female "friend" (big smile here)
    and pushed it hard to Tampa FL non stop without a problem.
    Is this best way to set up a blower?--------------------------------------nope
    when boosting am I running as efficiently as possible?---------------nope
    Do I have a fancy dyno sheet?---------------------------------------------nope
    But this is what I do know:
    I can out run a stock 5.0 and not all most of the street cars
    I can do a 2nd gear burn out ,,,great for showing off
    I had some money left over to party in Tampa
    Ok go ahead tell me I did it wrong,,,,
    Last edited by Oldfox; 01-18-2011 at 01:55 AM.

Senior SCH Member
    got to love boost

I'm thinking of going to a 6-71 ,, This would be a go for it and pull the trigger sort of thing
    Any advice?
    Just pull the trigger and let it go,, This will work
    trust me