Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

NEW VR-4 KITS FOUND!!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NEW VR-4 KITS FOUND!!!!

Senior SCH Member
    There is a Paxton VR 4 supercharger on ebay right now buy it now 2200 i have been watching it but im not buying it due to financial reasons! it would be great to get a better impeller though i have a sn 2000 that makes 7#s of boost not enough boost!!

Although it's taken a lot longer than I originally thought it would, I've finally finished modeling the VR-4 scroll cover.

Now to model the VR-4 impeller. Hopefully that won't take anywhere near as long as the scroll cover did.

Once the VR-4 impeller is done, I'll begin the "modification" process to see if I can make a VR-4 style impeller fit the stock SN rear scroll cover... which I also have to model at some point. Then the real fun starts... trying to have some of this stuff made!

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    That looks great !
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Quote Originally Posted by pavement pounde View Post
    That looks great !
    Thanks Marco.

I just hope the final product (ie. the physical part) looks as good... and more importantly, works even better than these nice screen renders.

An accurate CAD model is nice... but an SN blower that can push out 10psi is even better!

The VR-4 impeller is now done.

I thought I'd tease you guys a bit more with some more CAD model renderings. Here's the VR-4 impeller inside the scroll cover:

And here's a couple of renderings of the actual ball drive system, complete with drive shaft, bearings, drive balls, ball carrier, impeller shaft, pins, races, and flange. The first pic shows the races 'ghosted' to better display the ball drive. In the second pic I made the impeller, flange, and races transparent. It's neat to see what the 'guts' of these old ball-drive blowers look like in their "intended" state.

And yes, before anyone asks I have (accurately) modeled all these parts. In fact, I'm not showing everything here... I've modeled almost an entire SN supercharger (based on my SN89). I don't want you guys thinking that I'm sittin' around on my a$$. :laugh:

Junior SCH Member
    Well done, truly amazing what software and time can create! I look forward to the physical results and appreciate the time you are investing.

I really want to see what the VR-4 style impeller can produce on the non VR-4 scroll cover!!

Senior SCH Member
    Great Job Michael! Looks amazing. I'm watching with interest too.

SCH Member
    I can't wait til they are ready for sale.
    Last edited by antoine; 06-08-2011 at 02:53 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by antoine View Post
    I can't wait til they are ready for sale.
    +1 :D. It feels like I have been waiting forever for a upgrade of any substance for my sn93. I was on like 3 waiting lists over the past 18 months (none of which seem to be going anywhere) for a VR4 and I am probably making within 15 - 20 horse of the power with my blower off (being that it is hooked up to a modified 383 LT1), so I am in real need of a upgrade and its awesome to actually see someone doing something productive with these blowers. Good job Michael and as I have said to you in PM, I am looking forward to a finished product with wallet in hand.

Thanks for all the compliments and words of encouragement guys.

I'm looking into some CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) software to try and test not only the VR-4 model but also the "modified" impeller to fit the standard SN scroll cover (we really do need to give that thing a proper name!). The way I look at it, CFD testing will be A LOT cheaper than cutting real parts and keeping my fingers crossed that it does what we all hope.

But I'll keep you all posted as I progress.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    also the "modified" impeller to fit the standard SN scroll cover (we really do need to give that thing a proper name!). .
    How about VR-SN or SN4 (I like SN4 better)?.

Quote Originally Posted by Formulalt1 View Post
    How about VR-SN or SN4 (I like SN4 better)?.
    Hmmm... SN-4... I like it. OK, it's official, SN-4 it is!

Thanks for the suggestion Formulalt1.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Hmmm... SN-4... I like it. OK, it's official, SN-4 it is!

Thanks for the suggestion Formulalt1.
    No problem.

SCH Member
    Guys,

What's the purpose of modeling this supercharger? Do you want to produce/make them?

Thanks,