Hey all...

So I've been hunting for more info and stumbled across this site. I'll post a thread or two with questions, but first I'll do the ritualistic introduction thread.

I've been working on cars as a hobby for 25+ years and took my first steps into forced induction last year. I grew up tinkering on old British sports cars and boring daily drivers. Currently I'm into German cars and own a '94 VW Corrado, '01 Passat 4-mo Wagoon (wifee mobile), '01 BMW 325xi (daily), '90 BMW 325iX (for sale or to be a rally car), and a '98 Dakota. The Rado is my toy and is what brought me here.

Since 2000, I've been building my car for autocross, so it's mostly been suspension and maintenance. I finally decided that I needed a kick in the engine, so I went s/c instead of turbo b/c I hate fighting the lag on an autocross course. There were a few companies that made kits for the VR6 engine, but most have gone to the way side. I found a hella deal on a Vortech V2 E-trim head unit, so I scooped it up and pieced together the rest. My biggest concern was engine management. So in addition to jumping into boost, I went standalone. Mostly b/c I knew I'd change up the set-up and would like to not have to pay for reflashes. It's beena mostly love w/ some hate excursion, but it's running fairly well. I took it off the road at the end of the season and I'm tinkering w/ some loose ends now. I should have it back on the road in a month or so, but one of those loose ends is a charger rebuild... look for my threads w/ questions about parts and details to follow soon.

Here's my current set-up:

Engine Specifications:

Engine Misc.:
  • Innovate LC-1
  • Polished & painted 2.9L euro-clone intake manifold
  • Synapse BOV
  • Devil's Own Water Injection
  • Neuspeed filter
  • Neuspeed plug wires
  • Turn2 stage IV poly engine & tranny mounts
  • Mocal Sandwich Plate w/ External Oil Cooler
  • Adjustable FPR

Drivetrain:

Exhaust:
  • Suitcase delete
  • Resonator delete
  • Otherwise Stock... for now

Wheels & Tires:

Brakes:
  • 'Precision' stainless steel brake lines
  • DE front calipers & Brembo rotors
  • Axxis Ultimate Pads

Suspension:
  • Koni coil-overs
  • Eibach 425 lbs. linear rate front springs
  • Poly suspension & front control arm bushings
  • TT rear control arm bushings
  • Autotech front (25mm) & rear (28mm) sways
  • Neuspeed front upper stress bar
  • Eurosport front lower stress bar
  • Eurosport rear upper stress bar

Interior:
  • Schroth Rallye4 driver's harness
  • Stewart Warner EGT & Boost Gauges
  • Innovate XD-16 AFR Gauge
  • A decent sound system
  • Momo pedals
  • Advanced Keyless Entry System
  • Cold Cathode trunk lighting
  • Corrado dash swap :p

Exterior:
  • Inpro projector headlights w/ light levelers
  • Smoked side markers
  • Smoked tail turn lights
  • German license plate
  • Painted badges

And some pics:

and the others...

and the truck serving it's purpose...

I'll do my best to contribute and ask my share of questions!

-Kyle