Thread: wtb sbc sn mount

Junior SCH Member

wtb sbc sn mount

looking for sbc sn mount or template to cut my own
    thanks

sbc

someone on ebay has a sbc bracket and and other misc, sn stuff he has it up for best offer bid email him the stuff been on there for a while I bet he'll seperate

I have a set of SN brackets that fits a SBC. I don't want to sell them as I will need them for my install, but maybe I can trace them and send you the pattern?

The set I have is intended for a 1985-1991 Corvette install (engine code L98). It mounts the blower on the driver's side of the car; don't know if you need a driver or passenger side install. There are a number of pieces of hardware that you'll need though, and the brackets I have also need an idler pulley too. The setup itself is from Blowerworks (formerly The Carol Supercharging Co.) and I believe it's still available from them, but it isn't cheap (last I saw, it was like $400 I think).

Take a look through my photo album here on the site and you'll see the brackets I have. If you think a setup like that will work for you, I can try to trace the brackets so you can make a set for yourself.

Junior SCH Member
    I have a mounting plate to mount a sn to a sb chevy i will sell for $40 + shipping charges.
    It will fit either side of a chevy motor, you just have to flip the plate over and put the head unit spacers on the opposite side of the plate.
    This plate came with my sn93. I made another plate out of aluminum to raise the head unit up 1/2" to fit my car.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Junior SCH Member
    Michael,I would appreciate it if you could trace the mounting plate and send a copy to me.Also how thick is that c shaped brakett and could you trace that also? Thank you for any help.rh396

Junior SCH Member
    Michael,I would appreciate it if you could trace the plate and the c shaped bracket and send me a copy. Also how thick are the pieces? Thank You rh396

Hi rh396.

Let me see what I can do. It'll have to wait 'til this weekend; the brackets aren't close to me right now. If you aren't in a big hurry, I'll try to get you some decent CAD drawings of the parts... or at the very least some good dimensions you can take to a machine shop.

The main bracket is fairly easy to replicate - just a flat piece of aluminum (I don't remember how thick, but I think it's about 1/2") cut to profile with some through holes. The "C" piece will be a lot trickier to reproduce - it's a thick piece (I'm guessing it's like 2.5" or 3" thick) with many of it's holes being counter bored. Not hard for a competent machine shop to make, but it wouldn't be easy for a backyard DIYer.

Junior SCH Member
    Michael, thank you.I appreciate the help. I am mounting it on the passenger side,I hope these brackets will work. rh396

Junior SCH Member
    Zipnz ,Do you still have this bracket?
    Last edited by rh396; 06-06-2013 at 12:18 AM.