Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a vr4!!! I was on list and never heard anything!!!

LOL!! In due time.

I'll keep everyone posted though once I have something 'concrete' to report.

Junior SCH Member
    That would be awesome

Junior SCH Member
    So about how long are you thinking? Years? Months? Weeks? Just curious...

Certainly not years. LOL!!

I'm hoping to have the digital CAD data of the stock VR-4 parts (the impeller and scroll cover) done some time next week. The modified VR-4 style impeller for use with the stock SN rear cover will probably be done the week after that.

The machining/parts manufacture might take a bit longer though. Largely because I will not only have to find a place that will be willing to make the parts for a reasonable price, but that will understand they will be prototypes which will need to be tested and proven before any sort of 'production' can start.

And that's to say nothing of requiring volunteer(s) to test these parts. I'd do that myself, but my SN is still in the midst of being rebuilt; I'm a long way off from installing it on my car. If I can find local volunteers (preferably forum members), testing won't take as long. If I have to ship parts to volunteers who aren't local, obviously testing will take longer.

So the CAD data will probably be done within the next 2-3 weeks. The initial prototypes might be 2-3 weeks after that. I don't know how long testing will take; that will largely depend on how well the testing goes. Once testing is done, then we'll be ready to taking orders and making parts.

michael im not local but ill be your guinea pig i will pay for the cost of manufacturing and shipping

We're still a long way off from needing volunteers, but I appreciate your offer.

Don't worry, when we're ready for testing, I'll let you know.

Thanks.

Junior SCH Member
    Same I was going to say the same thing .... My car is a 302 with 1970 351 heads... So if we get 10lbs outta it.. That be great... Also we can get some track times as my car is basically a drag car... That be neat to see the improvement from 5lbs to hopefully 10lbs...

I have access to a brand new Centron 5 axis CNC mill and unlimited dyno time on a Land & Sea Dyno. I'm runing a 347 w Brodix heads with SN98 5#'s 520HP @ 5900 500' TQ @ 4800. I'm entrusted in helping. dreuxtrahan@cox.net

Quote Originally Posted by 64wagon View Post
    I have access to a brand new Centron 5 axis CNC mill and unlimited dyno time on a Land & Sea Dyno. I'm runing a 347 w Brodix heads with SN98 5#'s 520HP @ 5900 500' TQ @ 4800. I'm entrusted in helping. dreuxtrahan@cox.net
    That's FANTASTIC! Thanks for your willingness to help.

I'm still in the process of CAD modeling the VR-4 impeller itself, but send me a PM or an email to michael.nicola@superchargerhelp.com and we can further discuss what information you'll need from me.

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 64wagon View Post
    Nice #'s 64wagon and welcome aboard. Where in southeast LA are you located?

Mike
    88 t-bird: 5.0ho, gt40y, crane 2031, fms 1.7, sn paxton 6#, aod wide ratio, tci stall, performer rpm upper, 70mm bbk, pro m 60, 42#s, 3.73 7.5" posi, jba shorties, borla, upr x.

Need a vr4!!! I was on list and never heard anything!!!

Thanks. It's apart as of now. Having heads ported.Head porter improved int. from 260cfm to 302cfm and ext.179cfm to 206cfm. Then back on the Dyno. Hope to be able to be the first to use the SN4 imperller. The CNC uses the Master Cam program.

Need a vr4!!! I was on list and never heard anything!!!

Sorry about that Lafayette LA. area.