Thread: New guym Old Dakota

Junior SCH Member

New guym Old Dakota

Hi, I'm the proud owner of a 1994 Dodge Dakota, short bed 2wd 5.2L 318. My Dad bought it used for me waay back in 1995 as a High School Graduation Present. He had no idea waht he was doing! So now I am 33 years old, my wife if pregnant with twins, and I decide to resurrect it out of the garge from where it's been parked for 7 years. I used to drag race it, and now I jsut bough a " New " paxton kit for it, circa 1995 kit that was never installed., with a NOVI SN2000. I'm looking to learn about my supercharger, how to improve it, and how to ditch the obsolete "paxta-map" stuff, and bring it up to current times. I'm a supercharging greenhorn, and I need help.

I have installed the kit on my truck, and it's running pretty good, I don't know what all the red lights are for on the Paxta-map though. The truck is pretty much stock, but I plan on re-installing my headers on it, with a new 3" exhaust system. I'm also interested in finding a oil cooler for the supercharger for longevity, and possible going with an intercooler at some point. I have Mickey Thompson Sportsman Pro DOT drag tires for it as well, running factory 3.55 gears, I've also switched over to electric fans I'm trying to keep it lookig like a stock sleeper. I have a 2800 stall converter for it whihch I have yet to install, and I think I;m also going to install a B&M shift kit into it.
    Last edited by blowndakota; 04-26-2011 at 10:27 PM. Reason: making some additions