Thread: Blow thru carburetor

Junior SCH Member

Blow thru carburetor

I have a 69 camaro with a GM PP HO454 stock. It is about 425 HP at sea level.
    I added a Intercooler and Procharger D1-SC. Need recommendations on a carburetor with good drivability, cruising?
    1969 Camaro, Procharged D1SC HO 454, 700R4, Retrotek Speed EFI, Air Ride suspension, MSD ignition, Yukon axles and gears 3:73, 12 bolt.

Junior SCH Member
    Depending what your primary use will be, you could probably do OK with just modifying what you have now. I did buy a QFT blow thru carb (750 cfm) a few months ago (for my 350 w/P1SC and 430hp NA) and haven't had a chance to run it thru its paces but so far it seems to be set up very good right out of the box. I would definetly buy from QFT again.

Junior SCH Member
    I ran a 650 holly on a 302 . With 67 front and 98 rear jets. Vented the fuel bowls to the top of carb and drilled the shafts to match base plate . It had a tube to the blower outlet. This was in 1983 I'm sure it has been improved on somewhat. But ran good and did ok on milage.

Junior SCH Member
    This is the mod most of the guys are using to convert their present carb to a blow thru setup.
    http://www.hangar18fabrication.com/blowthru.html

I have two freinds that had done the mods & theirs came out ok....
    If you're going to stay below 10 punds of boost, seems like these mods will support your setup.

^ That is an awesome write up. Here is a pdf of it that is a little easier to print: http://mypinksecretary.com/holley%20...0how-to(0).pdf

There is a word doc somewhere with all the pictures in place.
    "The older I get, the more I realize how little I knew when I knew it all."