Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Falcon Gasser

Thread: Falcon Gasser

SCH Member

Falcon Gasser

Been a while since i posted: The 61Falcon Gasser build is back on track- 415"Smallblock Dodge, 727, and new toy- quickchange rear.

Getting set to put in 4link-not as traditional as ladderbar, but i'm wanting it to work more than i'm wanting to be held to a standard..

then cage, and some small stuff like plumbing, wiring, cooling, steering, interior, headers, shock mounts, bodywork, paint, lol.....

Found the bare body in a barn, quickchange in a barn, Vr4 was in a barn/shop, lol.

Funnycar rear, then run at dirt track, now back to dragstrip...

rebuilt quickie next to a ford9"

by the way- soak rusty collectors or any other steel in vinegar for a few days before taking to the car wash...

WOW! Fantastic barn finds! I don't know which is more of a treasure... the VR4, the Falcon, or the quick-change rear end?

This is promising to be a great build. Make sure you keep us posted with more pics... and once you're done, you should add your car to the SCH Garage!

that is a smokin hot looking ride.
    have you got any updates on your ride yet???

SCH Member
    Thanks, guys. Work's been slow on the car due to the whole single father thing, but the 4 link is almost installed, then the cage goes in, and i have the steering finally scienced out:

(there's only one guy that makes the parts needed to make a Ford car/steering box controll Chevy steering/axle, with a Mopar mill in between the two, and it's *this guy* right here, lol)

I've got a few big ticket items to purchase, Axleshafts, coilovers but the rest is all 100 dollar or less items that i can piece together.

rick.

did you make the fender flares or were they adapted from some other source.
    i think they look very good on the car

SCH Member
    Thanks, they were made from scratch using a shrinker/stretcher on a piece of L shaped sheetstock.

I really wish the verticle edge on the side of the flare was smaller, like a 68 camaro, not a 08 charger, but it is what it is- i may redo them before she goes to paint.

rick

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    Very nice
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw