Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New, Doug from Carrollton, TX.

Thread: New, Doug from Carrollton, TX.

Junior SCH Member

New, Doug from Carrollton, TX.

Hello, I am Doug and I have a 90 Mustang Coupe with an sn89. I have owned the car since 1996. The sn89 has been installed on the since 1990 lol. Until now. I am installing a vortech v1 s-trim. I have used most of the sn89 mounting brackets. Its a polished straight discharge. wish it was a curved unit, but its not and a got a killer deal. I also need to work out the oiling lines.

I want to know if for testing purposes could I seal the drain plug, fill the unit with oil and seal the top fill and run it to make sure the supercharger works O.K.?? also could it work long term??

Welcome to SCH! Glad to have you onboard.

As for your question regarding running your Vortech V1 without the oil lines, I think for a quick test to ensure the unit is working properly you'll be fine, but I wouldn't want to run it that way long term. I'm not an expert with respect to Vortech products, but simple logic would dictate there's a reason those oil lines are there. Even on the SN89, while it didn't have separate oil and drain feeds, it's life expectancy is MUCH shorter when run without an oil cooler. I'd suspect the oil lines on the Vortech have much the same benefit on your V1.

Junior SCH Member
    cool, thanks for the help. will keep you posted on how it works!

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluecouperedvert View Post
    cool, thanks for the help. will keep you posted on how it works!
    well I am going to run the oil feed line from the get go. now need info on the return line. who knows vortechs inside and out?? does it have to be gravity drained, or could it feed into the oil fill cap on the valve cover?? just really trying to get this working without spending to much $ on a used headunit. thanks

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluecouperedvert View Post
    well I am going to run the oil feed line from the get go. now need info on the return line. who knows vortechs inside and out?? does it have to be gravity drained, or could it feed into the oil fill cap on the valve cover?? just really trying to get this working without spending to much $ on a used headunit. thanks
    well, i finished the install last night. everything works. the oil drains great, flowing into the port on the side of the oil filler spout. will test drive it after work today.

Junior SCH Member
    here is an up-date. Finished the Vortech install. Works great!

Congratulations!

Nice looking car too.