Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
intercooling/heat exchanger

Thread: intercooling/heat exchanger

Junior SCH Member

intercooling/heat exchanger

Has anyone intercooled a 86-93 novi 2k kit? or is anyone running a vortech aftercooler?

I've seen it done before with both. the mondo igloo, the smaller aftercooler, also an intercooler. There is a lot of plumbing involved with an intercooler, even with the vortech setups. I think it works better if you put a straight discharge vortech on a passenger side bracket and then have an intake you can flip so that the throttle body sits on the drivers side and you route the plumbing that way. I remember someone actually sold an intercooler kit YEARS ago for 87-93 paxton n2k setups. It was around 2500 or something if I recall, but there were a lot of bends involved because of the curved discharge. You could essentially build this yourself if you have some skills bending/welding tubing or fabricating. I would think it would be a lot easier to plumb a methanol kit though than go through the hassle of putting on one of these. The air to water are great for drag racing, but wouldn't make a great street application IMO.

Junior SCH Member
    I built my own set up with 3" aluminum tube and a 4" air to air between bumper and rad. Also use 2 methanol nozzles for chemical intercooling. My IAT's are in the 40-50F range at 11.5#s boost.

Junior SCH Member
    Dude that setup look way nice thanks for the post. Gives me something to shoot for

Senior SCH Member
    Depending on your skill level and end goal you could do something like this. I bought all the bends and fabbed myself, though I did have someone else weld it together.

Junior SCH Member
    Thats a wicked set up also, good looking engine bay man. Thanks for the replys