Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
WideBand O2 Reads 16.5 - 17.5 at WOT. IS THIS RIGHT???????

Thread: WideBand O2 Reads 16.5 - 17.5 at WOT. IS THIS RIGHT???????

Question WideBand O2 Reads 16.5 - 17.5 at WOT. IS THIS RIGHT???????

I just installed the Innovate Wideband O2, 3844 MTX-L.

At idle it reads around 14.5. At WOT it reads 16.5 to 17.5.

At those numbers. I figure the pistons would be melting.

I have had the car about two years and have put about 500 miles on it. Occasionally at WOT, once into it, the engine sometimes seems to stutter a little. Maybe that was pinging, I don't know. Then I back off.

I always run 93 octane w/ half a bottle of 104 octane booster.

I have full exhaust and put the O2 sensor in the mid pipe before the X, no cats.

I believe the timing is around 10*, based on what the previous owner indicated. He said he kept it running pretty fat for safety. I don't have a fuel gauge to check.

The black & white wires are on a good ground. The power wire is fed directly into a 15 amp fuse.

The super charger currently has a 6 lbs. pulley on it.

The car idles great, runs strong and pulls like a beast. It feels like all of 400 hp at the wheels. I've been in a few.

Can I really be that lean? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Questions:

Calibration was done per directions.

No Tune on car.

No FMU, it has 30 lbs. injectors.

The gauge and O2 sensor are brand new. One week old.

The 02 sensor is mounted exactly 36" down from the header collector, before the connection to the X-pipe. I have 1 5/8" shorties.
    Powerdyne (6 Lbs.) Cobra Upper & Lower (P&P, Extrude Honed), SVO Aluminum X-302 SVO Heads (P&P), Forged Pistons, 306 Block, 65mm TB, 75mm Mass Air, 12" Cone K&N, 4" Inlet Tube, 30 lbs. Inj., 255 Pump, MSD Blaster Coil, MSD 6BTM, Electric Fan, BBK 1 5/8" Shorties, , X-Pipe, Cat Back, 3:55's, Stock ECM, Etc.

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    For starters, I believe 36" from the collector is way to far, it needs to be in or near the collector.
    And absolutely no leaks bofore the O2 sensor.
    From my experiance a reading of 13.5 or more would make the engine stutter and hesitate.
    Under boost it should read between 11 and 12
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Quote Originally Posted by pavement pounde View Post
    For starters, I believe 36" from the collector is way too far, it needs to be in or near the collector.
    I have to agree with Marco on this one. I don't think I've ever seen an O2 sensor more than 3"-6" downstream from the collector, and that's only on systems with more than one O2 sensor (OBDII systems). On systems with only one O2, it should be located right at the collector. I know on my Corvette, it's on the driver's side; Mustang's may be on the passenger side.

I'm I correct in assuming the shorty headers you're using don't already have an O2 bung? If not, who's the manufacturer? Maybe they have a set that's already set up for an O2. If so, it would be easy to replicate the O2 bung's location just based on photos. A hole saw, new O2 bung, and 5 minutes with a welder.