Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Paradise Wheels vs. CUNDN

Thread: Paradise Wheels vs. CUNDN

SCH Member

Paradise Wheels vs. CUNDN

I ordered some parts from CUNDN, parts were delivered from paradise wheels.

CUNDN makes ordering pretty easy- but is paradise wheels any cheaper to the end-user/ quick and easy to order from? I usually don't have much time to play on the phone so CUNDN makes things pretty easy online afterwork.

From my experience, and from what I've read from people on the forum here, Paradise Wheels' prices are considerably lower than CUNDN's prices. CUNDN gets their parts from Paradise, so you're just paying their mark-up for the same item. And if Paradise is drop-shipping your order, then all you're doing is paying CUNDN to call Paradise and place the order... something you could have done yourself.

You're right, the lack of a website and/or internet ordering puts Paradise Wheels as a distinct disadvantage. But I've dealt with Craig Conley, and he's a good guy to talk to and is quite helpful.

Personally, I'd rather take the time and call Paradise for parts. Lower price and knowledgeable owner... I think it's a no-brainer.

Senior SCH Member
    Craig at PW is a good guy. He gets my business. I've never tried Cundn, so I can't say anything one way or the other.

It would be nice if Craig would fire up his website again.

I think you can get rebuild kits from Superchargersonline.com too. But all the parts are going to come from PW anyways.

I've only purchased one item from CUNDN Racing. A dipstick for my SN89. When I bought the unit, it didn't come with one, so I figured it was a good idea to get it. I purchased the dipstick through CUNDN's eBay store. I can't complain about the service or shipping time - all that was fine. But when I found out I could have gotten it cheaper through Paradise Wheels, I was a bit ticked.

Next time I talk to Craig, I should ask him about setting up an online store through SCH, where people can just order parts directly from Paradise Wheels through the site here. I'm sure there's some kind of plug-in or module that can be added to vBulletin that would make it a snap to do.

SCH Member
    I called PW today- I've been ordering parts online for so long I forgot what it was like to actually conversate with someone about go-fast parts!!

Craig was out of drive balls, but said if he didn't get his shipment in soon he would look into swiping a set out of a full rebuild kit for me, even said he'd discount them since I just ordered and destroyed a set (although it was all my fault).

I asked quite a few questions about the SN's and VR-4's, it was nice to have a vendor with knowledge and enthusiasm over the same parts I have in my hands.

For those interested in the VR's, be sure to answer your phones when caller ID shows that cali number....

Glad to hear you have a good experience dealing with Craig. He's a good guy and knows his stuff; he's been at this for a while now, so I'd expect nothing less.

As for the VR-4 production run everyone has been waiting for, I hope it happens. I know a lot of people have been saying they've been waiting for quite some time for a VR-4.

Nice to hear positive fb on a shop I'm going to be using. Picked up an SN from a buddy of mine. Quoted by PW for $700 for a rebuild ($450 parts/$250 rebuild, test and flush and refill). Phone conversation was a breeze and informative. PW sunds like a winner.

Junior SCH Member
    bought complete kits from both cund and PW, PW was same price as cund kit bought 3 or 4 years earlier but came with new impeller shaft and races instead of used ones, shaft crapped after 2k miles once i finally got the blower installed so i got to buy everything again, i vote PW

I have spooken with Craig's and he's back up and running. He told me the VR4 won't be long before production.
    His new contact info.
    Craig Conley
    (note new address)
    Paradise Wheels Inc.
    1413 Linda Vista Dr. suite D
    San Marcos, CA 92078
    (760)744-2400
    Fax: (760)744-2444

SCH Member
    not having a website is a plus for Craig (of Paradise Wheels). It gives him more time to concentrate on fixing our Paxtons.

The internet is a big productivity killer.

Z.

'65 K code

Quote Originally Posted by zray View Post
    not having a website is a plus for Craig (of Paradise Wheels). It gives him more time to concentrate on fixing our Paxtons.

The internet is a big productivity killer.

Z.
    You're right about the productivity killer part. But you have to admit, even a simple, static website with basic contact information would be of some benefit to Paradise Wheels.

Of course, if Craig had something like that then SCH's traffic would probably drop to non-existent levels so maybe it's good thing in that respect too.

Quote Originally Posted by 64wagon View Post
    I have spooken with Craig's and he's back up and running. He told me the VR4 won't be long before production.
    His new contact info.
    Craig Conley
    (note new address)
    Paradise Wheels Inc.
    1413 Linda Vista Dr. suite D
    San Marcos, CA 92078
    (760)744-2400
    Fax: (760)744-2444
    Thanks for posting this information. I'm going to make it a sticky at the top of the SN Series forum section so anyone else looking for it won't have to dig through posts to find it.

Thanks again!

Senior SCH Member
    Does anyone know when the vr4 is going to be ready?