Thread: need some help.

Junior SCH Member

need some help.

Hi, first of all my name is mauricio, and recently buy an Eaton M90 on ebay. (first Pic.)
    Have plans to put it on a Tornado 230 OHC (M-715 truck engine)
    That came in a car named Torino (based on a AMC 440-H).

The SC came with a 10,4cm pulley, what size yould i do the crank pulley to reach 7psi?

The engine is 3800cc. with a top rpm of 5000.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Junior SCH Member
    16 views and no body answer.... :(

SCH Member
    Everyone's reading but nobody is answering probably because nobody is sure what the answer is. :) On a custom application like that you might be in uncharted territory. There's so many variables that it will most likely take trial and error to find a usable setup.

Just keep reporting your progress- the further you get and the more information you can give will help those on the site to provide information and experiences they have.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for your responce!!
    This m90 comes from a buick park avenue, and for what i have been readind it pulls about 7psi, but i don't know at what rpm's the SC is working

Also how much the temperature raises on the intake manifold at these pressures??

as i have to make a new intake, will consider to put some watercooler or something...

Thanks

Just a thought, but since you know what engine/vehicle the M90 came from, and you know that it produced 7psi in it's stock form (which, I'm assuming is what you're hoping to achieve when your done), couldn't you just contact a Buick dealer and ask them what size the stock crank pulley is? If the dealer can't give you that info, maybe you can find it on a a Buick owners forum, or possibly a parts supply website like RockAuto.com. That would at least give you a good base to start from.

Once you know that there are a number of different supercharging formulas that can be used/manipulated to determine things like S/C RPM, air flow rate, air temperature rise, boost pressure, etc...

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for your responce, i will try to get the info you told me, and post it here so you can guide me if i'm right or not.

Thanks