Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Need help.....

Thread: Need help.....

SCH Member

Need help.....

My Fiance just bought a paxton sn92 complete kit for a 91 camaro Z-28 5.7 tuned port...I have a mustang with a powerdyne had a paxton sn93...anyways i was told that you dont need an FMU with this kit?...because the stock fuel system can support the 5-6 psi...is this true???..Also anyone know were i can get the part number for the belt...its isnt coming with that...Any help would be great thanks....

The SN units used on TPI cars, from what I recall, didn't use FMU's like they did on Mustangs. Generally, the stock injectors could handle 5-6psi, but it was recommended that the fuel pump be replaced with a higher capacity unit. I know on Corvettes, Walboro pumps were typically used, but I don't know what was called for on F-body cars. Of course a proper tune is key to ensuring the car will run right.

I'll see if I can find the belt number and post back.

SCH Member
    Thanks for the info...If you can get the belt size that would be great...Also My 87 GT is speed density just like my Fiances 91 z-28 5.7 tpi car on the my 87 im running a powerdyne making 10 psi with a snow performance stage 2 water meth kit...I did the tune myself OLD school locked timing FMU,bigger fuel pump..I had to use a check valve from vortech because once going into boost the car would fall right on its face...SPEED density the MAP sensor cant see boost...My fiances car is speed density so im guessing i need the same check valve for her car to work too?...Any help would be great thanks:D

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    On the LT1 they used aditioanal injectors in a plate behind the trottle body.
    But you can use a bigger pump like the walbro 255 or an extra inline pump if you don't want to lower your tank.
    But you also need to up the fuelpressure under boost, so best to use a vacuum referred fuelpressure regulator.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavement pounde View Post
    On the LT1 they used aditioanal injectors in a plate behind the trottle body.
    But you can use a bigger pump like the walbro 255 or an extra inline pump if you don't want to lower your tank.
    But you also need to up the fuelpressure under boost, so best to use a vacuum referred fuelpressure regulator.

Ok thanks this is a L98 tho....wonder if i can be ok with a bigger fuel pump...Adjustable fuel regulator isnt to hard to do...i guess i have to make sure its good for boosted applications tho...???

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    Best way to monitor air/fuel ratio is with a wideband gauge.
    That's my best tool I ever bought.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

SCH Member
    On my 88 l98 I started with 24 pounders then 30 pounders now 42 pounders with a custom chip made for my combination.if the car is stock I would say 30 pounders with a tuned chip,and colder heat range sparkplugs

Senior SCH Member
    Does anyone know the phone # for paradise wheels the number i have is 760 740 0954 it is not his number i dont think

The last number I had for Paradise was +1 (760) 740-0954. I ordered some parts from them about 3 months ago, and the number worked at that time.

Of you could try emailing Craig Conley directly at conleyr107@sbcglobal.net