Thread: AOD torque converter

Junior SCH Member

AOD torque converter

Does anyone have a good 10 inch toque converter laying around that is not being used? I am looking to replace the one in my car...It is JUNK...let me know what it is worth too you.

K.

K - I would suggest a nice TCS unit, or a converter from Edge Racing.

It really depends how much you want to spend.

Ian

I think he wants cheap Ian if he is looking for one laying around :) Don't have any aod stuff, had a t5 before myself. I know someone who did an AOD to T5 swap, I think he was having shifting problems, not sure what was causing it but his converter might still be good. I'll ask him what was up. He is in San Diego. Here are some cool links btw I saw someone post regarding AOD trannies.

http://www.tciauto.com/instructions/431000_inst.htm

http://www.baumannengineering.com/aodcat.htm

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the replies gents...I am looking for something cheap, if I have to buy a brand new one, I will just build the whole tranny the right way...The trans in the car right now is pretty stout, I just need a better converter, there is a ten inch in the car now, but is already locked up, has not stall too it...it is JUNK...I think it may be a ger...JUNK...but like i said thanks for the replies...

I wasn't sure if you wanted a stock one, I talked to that guy and he seemed to think the converter was the problem not the trans.