Thread: Would it be worth it?

Would it be worth it?

Ok guys,I need some advice. I have a 5.0L that I will be doing a rebuild on (virgin block that will be going .030" over) with TRW forged pistons and C8OE rods ('68 rods with higher nickle content). See: Project BLWNWGN http://www.superchargerhelp.com/showthread.php?t=10352

My question comes in 2 parts.
    1: I have a Lightning MAF calibrated for 42# injectors, access to the injectors ................................... For a street driven would it be worth my time and effort to use the 42# injectors, Lighning MAF, a hydraulic roller blower cam with .533"/.544 lift, Paxton SN-92(6 psi) and Ignition/Boost controller pictured above with the right ECM, OR just do a mild build, use the stock cam, get an FMU and call it good??
    2: How would the Boost controller work with the ECM and would there be further tuning required due to the injectors? Thanx for the help.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by conmech View Post
    Ok guys,I need some advice. I have a 5.0L that I will be doing a rebuild on (virgin block that will be going .030" over) with TRW forged pistons and C8OE rods ('68 rods with higher nickle content). See: Project BLWNWGN http://www.superchargerhelp.com/showthread.php?t=10352

My question comes in 2 parts.
    1: I have a Lightning MAF calibrated for 42# injectors, access to the injectors ................................... For a street driven would it be worth my time and effort to use the 42# injectors, Lighning MAF, a hydraulic roller blower cam with .533"/.544 lift, Paxton SN-92(6 psi) and Ignition/Boost controller pictured above with the right ECM, OR just do a mild build, use the stock cam, get an FMU and call it good??
    2: How would the Boost controller work with the ECM and would there be further tuning required due to the injectors? Thanx for the help.
    I'm currently running a stock h/c/i plus paxton sn2000 with upgraded impeller which creates about 7.5psi from what I've seen so far. 5 speed, 3.27's, 76mm c&l maf, walbro 255, autolite copper 24's gapped at .038, MSD 6AL, MSD Blaster Coil, MSD Wires, bbk shorty headers, hollowed out factory h pipe, flowmaster delta 40's, bbk 70mm throttle body and spacer, k&n big cone filter, t bolt clamps, 42lb ford injectors etc. Turned my timing down to 8* advanced. I've had zero problems so far with running 42lb injectors on this setup. I ordered a UPR Boostmster Pipe for the setup which I'm hoping will give me 9-10psi. I don't have a wideband, so I cannot tell you what my a/f ratio is, but it doesn't smell rich. I've had small vacuum leaks that made it smell rich, so none of that so far. As long as you have a properly calibrated meter you should be fine. Even better if you have a way to tune it and really dial it in.

Just trying to get things together (assembled) and then dialed in. BABY STEPS, lol.