Thread: low boost pressure

Junior SCH Member

low boost pressure

What kind of boost pressure should I see with a vq-s2 with an 8 rib 2.7 pulley and an air to air intercooler? Right now I am only seeing about 8 psi @ 6k rmp. This is the first time I have ran my setup with the intercooler and the new pulley. Previously I was getting around 13 psi with a 2.87 pulley and no intercooler. Below is a list of my current setup

4.6 stroked to 5.1L, kellog crank, forged manley rods, diamond pistons, patriot stage 2 heads, AFM f-52 cams, vortech VQ-S2 with 8 rib conversion, air to air intercooler, vortech max flow by-pass valve, lightning 90mm mass air, 60# injectors, dragon upper intake, typhoon lower intake, accufab 75 mm t/b, steeda boost pipe, bbk valve covers, diablo predator, steeda sub frames, slp longtubes, slp x-pipe, flowmasters, kenne bell boost a pump/boost a spark, aem wide band O2, frpp lowering spring, 3.73's, cobra rims

Also, I need to upgrade my fuel system. I am well over 500 rwhp and my fuel pump cant handle the extra fuel needed. Right now I am leaning out on top end WOT. I was wanting to do a dual pump system with a modified fpdm but no one sells them anymore and I don't know how to setup a dual fpdm. Any inexpensive ways to setup a another fuel pump system? Could an inline Bosch fuel pump work?

Thanks in advance.

Junior SCH Member
    anyone? TTT

Junior SCH Member
    Figured out the low boost issue. A inline filter running from the by pass valve to the intake was clogged.

Sorry that nobody answered your original question, but I'm glad to see you've solved it.

Junior SCH Member
    Not a problem. I'm glad I got that part resolved at least.