Thread: New from Okc, currently Deployed though

Junior SCH Member

New from Okc, currently Deployed though

How's it going. My name is trey, I drive a 90' 454ss. Nothing major done to yet, but I'm collecting pieces for my Head/Cam/Intake Whipple build. Already got a few pieces at home and some on the way (P&P 049 heads, 1.6L autorotor). It'll be getting ported TB and an EBL computer to tune along with a T-56 behind it, with a detroit locker or eaton to replace that gov locker in the rear. All put to the ground with a 4 link I'm gonna fab up. I will def have some questions as far as tuning and pulley sizes and what not. Also if anyone could point me to where I can find some schematics of the brackets needed that'd be great. Whipple hasn't been real helpful so far, go figure. LOL I look forward to learnin alot from you guys and I'll be sure and stay open minded.

Thanks,
    Trey

Hi Trey, and welcome to SCH!

Sounds like an impressive project you're working on. Hopefully the members here can give you the guidance you're looking for, and that we can learn from you along the way.

Post pics and keep us posted.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks, it's gonna be a pretty cool ordeal. For the first time in my life I'll be able to do almost a whole build at one time. I've always been waiting on money to do stuff. I'm hoping I can build the truck in 6 weeks, working only while the wife is at work, 8-4. And I'll occasionally have to go into work, lol.

Junior SCH Member
    Whats up buddy?! Glad to see you over here! I think there's a few other guys on here with the 454ss as well. Looking forward to see that build. I'm surprised Whipple has been of no help w/the brackets.

At any rate, there's a wealth of knowledge on here. Hopefully you can find someone here who will be of help with those brackets! :)

Junior SCH Member
    Yea I've heard both extremes on customer service from whipple. Some people say they are great, some people say they suck. I guess it just depends who ya talk to. I'm hoping I can find someone who has the brackets or just get a template from whipple and just have them made and be done with it. I'm definitely gonna be over here when I try to tune my setup for sure. Do you know of anyone who has any experience the the EBL computers for our truck?

hi, welcome to the site
    the size of the Whipple seems rather small for your 454
    this may be the reason Whipple is not too helpful as they may not even
    recommend this model for use with a 454.
    i looked at the Whipple site and a 2.3L model appears to be better suited

Junior SCH Member
    The 1.6 is what they offered for their 454 Kit. I've read a couple of places that they made a 1.8 at one time but who knows. I'd love to get my hands on a 2.3 but I think it would skew the budget a little too much right now. I also couldn't find one for a BBC but I could be looking in the wrong spot.