Thread: after cooler help

Junior SCH Member

after cooler help

Ok guys I am running a m62 eaton roots blower. I Am gonna be running about 10lbs of boost with a 70/10 ratio of methanol I am also going to be running a custom water to air after cooler. My question is on the pump setup. I know a lot of guys are running the Bosch pump that they use in an 03-04 cobra or svt lighting. My question is what is the most effective way to run a water to air setup. Should the coolant be flowing more or should it be stagnant in the heat exchanger

If I remember correctly, the ic pump on the L and Cobra are ecm controlled. The ecm turns the pump on when the temp gets to a pre set degree. As for the methanol, I'm not 100% on the internal components of the pump........... rubber seals that might be affected BY the meth. In my Harley F-150 that had an Eaton, I added "water wetter" to the ic cooler reservior and had ZERO problems. Best of luck.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the advise. The pump will be controlled by me with an on off switch. I know that the temps will be lower from the method so I figured ill run the aftercooler during hard driving or should I run the pump once up to operating temp. On the svt cobra and lighting what is forsaking factory setting for the pump to turn on