Thread: New guy from Chicago, EFI/Boost newbie

Junior SCH Member

Smile New guy from Chicago, EFI/Boost newbie

Hello everyone! My name is Doug. I've built a few cars in my limited hobbyist gear head days; all camaros. I've never done any fuel injection and certainly nothing with boost.

Currently I'm doing an extensive project with a '71 camaro. Swaying into a pro-touring direction but have to maintain a pretty tight budget.

This site seems to be a wonderful source for info. Looking forward to sharing ideas with you folks!

Hi Doug, and welcome to SCH.

Your project sounds pretty cool. From the sounds of it, a coworker of mine is doing something similar but with a '69 Camaro.

Post some pics of your project and make sure to add it to the SCH Garage when you're done.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome Michael. I have many pictures of the progress to this point. I'll look for some good ones soon. Right now I am in the process of hanging new quarters and tail panel. I have a good running and freshly rebuilt 400 sbc for it. My signing up here is to get smart about supercharging should I want to go that route down the road when it's time to start getting the driveline in the car. I have sooo many questions for you guys!

welcome to the site

Senior SCH Member
    The two words Boost and Budget belong no where and in the same sentense together. Figure a price then double that number because thats what it will really cost all said and done!

Read, research, study, and good luck!

Junior SCH Member
    Mrtbolt, I respectfully submit that with the things you've highlighted, research, studying and even a little bit of luck ; ) this CAN be done on a budget. Budget; It's really a relative term anyway. I certainly don't expect this to be cheap.

So far I've been able to build a sbc 400 with fully forged internals and dart pro 1 heads for about half of what most would pay. I mean, I found the set of heads for 400 on CL and had em checked and rebuilt for 200. That's a set worth $1500+ that I've got $600 in. Not too shabby. I plan to use the same vigilance to find the right components for induction on a budget. I'll consider your recommendation to double my projection a friendly challenge : )