Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Max boost 10 rib belt

Thread: Max boost 10 rib belt

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar

Max boost 10 rib belt

What is your maximum boost with a 10 rib belt ?
    So far I saw 9.5 psi with a 10 rib belt not to tight on a build 454 Chevy
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Senior SCH Member
    I was getting the novi to atleast 58k. 8.25 crank, 3.4 blower and around 6800 to 7k rpm. It helps if you have a way to data log boost as you can see slip in the higher rpm range and adjust tension accordingly. It would hit around 16lbs on a 393, every combo will very.

What is your calculated impellar speed?

54k with a 3" pulley and 5000 engine rpm, bud I am rebuilding my engine now and stroke it to 496 and going to make around 6000 rpm in the future.
    I do not want a smaller blowerpully becouse of possible beltslip so that is wy I want to know.
    Thanks btw.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.

Junior SCH Member
    Cant' wait to see your setup all done. You've got to be close to runnin out of stuff to do to it :D

Senior SCH Member
    so you have a 9.25 crank pulley?

Have you heard that you can send your head unit back to Paxton and exchange it for a Novi2500 plus 1700 cash. It supportd 1300hp and fits in all the same brackets. I know its going to be more expensive than that since your in Europe but you are going to start running that noivi out of breath trying to feed 500 cubes.

I machined all my pulleys and noticed anytime the blower pulley got below 3.30 the slip increased with the need for more belt tension. With you having the bb crank snout dont be afraid to apply some tension.

After a couple runs a new belt would streatch alot and I would keep applying pressure till it got broke in. I would even see streatch marks in the belt from the amount of tension. I never broke a belt either.

well see what boost it wil give me,
    It gave me 8.5 psi with my 454 but afterwards I had to push down my oil dipstick........
    Greets, Marco

it the dipstick is pushing out it might be from blow by pressure in the crankcase.
    i have 3-seperate breathers on my BBC to keep this from happening.

if your belt is slipping there is a process to add texture to your blower pulley.
    i've had mine done, it was like a $110 per pulley at carbinite racing . com