Thread: Eaton newbie

Junior SCH Member

Eaton newbie

Greetings to the forum!

I'm CJ, a new member in Oregon.

Just picked up a couple of Eaton M-90's from early 2000ish Pontiacs. Working out the specifics to mount one on a slant six car I bracket race. Faster is funner!

Looks like I'll be fabricating a rather intersting intake to allow the bypass valve to work properly.

I'll be around the Eaton area searching and digging for info for a while. If I come up with a coherent question, I'll be sure to ask it!

CJ
    Last edited by Ceej; 02-29-2012 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Can't spell.

Hi CJ, and welcome to SCH. Glad to have you aboard.

Sounds like a great project you're working on. Be sure to post some pics of your bracket racer (and the respective supercharger build).

welcome to the site, what car?
    what size is the slant-6
    i'm thinking a sheet metal type intake maybe??

Junior SCH Member
    Current mill is a 250 inch long rod stroker. 7.005" 198 rods on a 4.475" Custom crank. Been beating the dickens out of that one for the last three years. I bled the compression down by opening up the chamber a bit to dump the 11:1 Compression. Got it down to 10.7:1. It needs to drop some more. DCR was off the charts, so pulled the Erson cam out an installed an OCG #34 in there. Solved mid range issues, but created high rpm detonation. Currently running 50/50 91 premium/110 race gas to keep the ring lands on the pistons.
    It likes a lot of timing even with the TDC dwell.

I have 170's and 198's with large register cranks.

I also have some different 225 cranks. If I drop it to stock 4.125", I'll come out around 230 inches, I've also got a 4.200 crank. That might work better with my current reciprocating assembly.

I've got a set of bottom load 7 inch aluminum rods, and a set of 7.500" Titaniums. They're for a different build though. Either set would require punching it to 3.5" just to get started. The Aluminum ones can't be run with a cooling system. The Titanium probably could, but won't.

CJ
    74 4dr plymouth valiant
    Last edited by Ceej; 03-01-2012 at 02:31 AM. Reason: forgot the model of car.