Thread: SN92 info please?

Junior SCH Member

SN92 info please?

Guy is selling an SN92 setup, it's off a 90 Iroc TPI...toying with idea of getting it so I can switch my setup to a serpentine setup (currently v-belt so A/C & S/C are on opposite sides than the serpentines). It needs to be rebuilt (making noise) but I am planning on a VR4 upgrade as soon as it's available so is this unit upgradable? It looks just like my SN2000.
    1987 Iroc-Z, ZZ4, xr276 w/ 1.6's, TPIS Miniram, 42#'s, Intercooled Paxton SN2000, T-56, 3.73's, Full Hotchkis/Koni suspension, C5 brakes, 17" ROH's

1970 Skylark Convertible resto-mod, project on hold

An SN92 is certainly upgradable to a VR4, assuming they do become available some time soon.

In my opinion, if the SN92 is going for a reasonable - or even cheap - price, then I'd say it's definitely worth picking up.

Junior SCH Member
    600 for SN92 & $200 for the serpentine set up...SN92 definitely needs a rebuild and doesn't have the upgraded impellor I have. I'm guessing I could sell my SN2000 setup though and pretty much break even....
    1987 Iroc-Z, ZZ4, xr276 w/ 1.6's, TPIS Miniram, 42#'s, Intercooled Paxton SN2000, T-56, 3.73's, Full Hotchkis/Koni suspension, C5 brakes, 17" ROH's

$600 for the SN92 isn't too bad, considering it needs a rebuild; I bought my SN89 for $300 knowing it needed a complete tear-down and rebuild (it was completely shot). An upgraded impeller is about $100 from Paradise Wheels. But you're probably right - if you sell the SN2000 it could easily pay for the SN92 and the rebuild.

But can you just buy the serpentine setup? Your SN2000 should work with it, considering the mounting holes, input shaft diameter, and physical size is the same as the SN92.

Junior SCH Member
    I'm having trouble finding the brackets for the supercharger for factory tpi 88-92 serpentine setups. Anyone out there still making them?

I don't know of anyone that's still making them. I have a set for my Corvette (TPI car) but the system used on F-body cars like Camaros and Firebirds were different.

Maybe someone with a supercharged TPI F-body car here can trace their brackets for you? Then you can take the tracing to a machine shop or a water-jet cutter and have a set made.

Junior SCH Member
    I'm thinking I could maybe buy this setup & use the sn2000 with the serpentine brackets and resell the sn92 with the v-belts.
    What's the difference between the sn92, sn93 & sn2000? Seems like they're all nearly the same unit.

They are all basically the same, with only minor internal variations between them. The SN2000 is, of course, the newest design and has the best of everything incorporated into it (with the exception of the H.O. impeller, which you can always buy separately anyway if you haven't already). Boost and flow rates are all more or less the same though.

I'd probably do the same thing if the seller isn't willing to sell you just the serpentine setup separately. I'm sure someone will take the SN92 with your v-belt setup.