Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
drag radials suck?

Thread: drag radials suck?

drag radials suck?

drag radials need a good suspension,
    whose MT, BFG, Nitto, M&H, Fat tire, snow tire do you like for the best grip

Senior SCH Member
    I have ran both BFG and MT drag radials the MT were 1.8 to 1.9 range, the BFG's were best when almost wore out with a best 60ft of 1.7 and have had a best of 1.54 with MT et slicks which were the smallest footprint of them all with stock style suspension on a 1988 Mustang

i added lowered springs on the rear of the car to get to a better instant center,
    this will help the traction some, more work needed on making the front looser for take-off.
    i have used BFG-drag radials which i really liked, but the Mikey Thompson-drag radials seem even better
    regular radials on the rear of my car are useless

Junior SCH Member
    New guy here actully just switched from my drag radials to et streets and the radials actually seem to have hooked better

Have not tried them on the current charged car, but tried the M/T ET Street radials on my previous 408ci Chevy powered car, and they were fantastic. The guys I recommended them to also only has praise for them.

i'm going to step-up to the widest drag radial i can fit under the wheel well on the current 8''rims
    going from a 275/60-15 to a 295/55-15 = the sidewall is only 1/4'' wider but the tread width jumps from 8.9" to 11"; with the same[ish] 28" diameter...

Quote Originally Posted by vinces427bb View Post
    i'm going to step-up to the widest drag radial i can fit under the wheel well on the current 8''rims
    going from a 275/60-15 to a 295/55-15 = the sidewall is only 1/4'' wider but the tread width jumps from 8.9" to 11"; with the same[ish] 28" diameter...
    I actually ended up putting those exact ones (M/T 295/55-15 ET Street Radials) on the Cobra. What a difference! The car became manageable and I could actually use the first two gears.

https://youtu.be/diAFpn0ThSo

Quote Originally Posted by "Q" View Post
    I actually ended up putting those exact ones (M/T 295/55-15 ET Street Radials) on the Cobra. What a difference! The car became manageable and I could actually use the first two gears.
    thats great to hear,
    awesum looking car, its got to pump up the adrenaline to drive/ride in that baby...

finally got my 295/55-15 DR on
    rear 7-8's shot of 68velle tires.jpg
    we did a test hit on a local road
    tire pressure needed to be lowered
    take off in drive marks.jpg